WTB STEC 55x Computer/Head Unit Only - 14v

1 hour ago, David Lloyd said:
1 hour ago, David Lloyd said:

Genesys told me a couple weeks back that to do the the control head for my 60-2 would be around $650 (forgot the exact number)  You have a different experience?

I’ve been told minimum of $1200 up to $2000 - figured I’d try a different head unit in mine first for less than that before going the route of sending back, if possible of course. 

3 minutes ago, 201Mooniac said:

Not quite what you are looking for but I have a control head from a 55 (not x) in my hangar that I would let go cheap if you or someone else wants it.  It worked fine before I removed it, it is setup for the KCS-55A.

Let me read up and see if that would help me at least test my setup. I think the newer 55Xs (mine included) have a different rack mount so might not fit.

2 hours ago, PhateX1337 said:

As title says, looking to replace mine instead of paying for full Genesys overhaul, which is $$$$. My current one is PN 01192-6-1T and modified for use with King KCS55A

Figured I'd check here in case any of you have one sitting around!

Richard Simile might have one, I think I saw something on FB yesterday about it.

flyfastf16 AT gmail.com

1 hour ago, mike_elliott said:

Richard Simile might have one, I think I saw something on FB yesterday about it.

flyfastf16 AT gmail.com

Thanks - just sent him an email!

2 hours ago, David Lloyd said:

Genesys told me a couple weeks back that to do the the control head for my 60-2 would be around $650 (forgot the exact number)  You have a different experience?

More accurate numbers ... $1500 to $3000 depending on scope of repair.

8 hours ago, Alan Fox said:

There are a boatload of these , from cirrus upgrades , I have never seen a used 55x in 14 volt..

S-Tec can change the Cirrus 28V to a Mooney 14V, that was how I updated my 55 to a 55x years ago, it was about $1500 from S-Tec at the time, probably more now.

On 7/15/2020 at 12:38 PM, 201Mooniac said:

S-Tec can change the Cirrus 28V to a Mooney 14V, that was how I updated my 55 to a 55x years ago, it was about $1500 from S-Tec at the time, probably more now.

Interesting - called on that and it's more expensive now than just sending it back for a minor. Appreciate the tip though!

1 hour ago, Charliej said:

I know we’ve got one in stock. PN is 01192-34-61T-30. I believe it’s one originally for an SR-22, but we pulled it out of a 421B if that helps at all. Looks like it even says 28V.

This would be perfect, except that I need a 14v :( Appreciate the help though!

16 hours ago, M20F said:

Ideal curiosity but why not just move to a GFC-500?

I’d have to add G5s, and install the 500. So 20+AMU vs 1.5 to 3...bit of a different ballpark. Hoping to hold out for a full Dynon system but not pulling the trigger on that until they cert the AP.

• Thanks 1