Buying Mooney Sight Unseen COVID 19

V1VRV2

12 hours ago, gsxrpilot said:

Now that I've owned two Mooneys, I'd probably want to look the airplane over myself. I feel like I have a pretty good idea of what to look for in a Mooney. 

But back when I was buying my first Mooney, I could have spent six weeks looking over that airplane and flying it every day. But I still wouldn't have learned as much about it as I did from an hour on the phone with Don Maxwell who had just completed the pre-buy and a through test flight. 

I talk with a lot of Mooney buyers on the phone. And I'd say most wouldn't know what to look for if they were standing next to it, or sitting in the left seat. And there's nothing wrong with that, everyone starts somewhere. But for those buyers, having someone like DMax, JD, Kendrick, etc. do the pre-buy, and someone like @mike_elliott, @kortopates, @KLRDMD, @LANCECASPER, @Marauder, DMax, or someone as knowledgeable, test fly the Mooney, would be much more valuable than seeing it themselves.

Of course if you can go see it/fly it, great! But the other way works fine as well.

Clearly since @gsxrpilot moved to from Texas to Colorado he has been smoking something other than brisket. To include my name in with the caliber of the others in that post makes me lose all confidence in him.:)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

25 minutes ago, LANCECASPER said:

Clearly since @gsxrpilot moved to from Texas to Colorado he has been smoking something other than brisket. To include my name in with the caliber of the others in that post makes me lose all confidence in him.:)

Ya, not sure how @M20Doc gets missed in this list.  He contributes more for free as one of the most informed, experienced, and reputable contributors on this list!!!!  And does so recognizing he will not see any business from his contribution !!!

Tom

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Yooper Rocketman said:

Ya, not sure how @M20Doc gets missed in this list.  He contributes more for free as one of the most informed, experienced, and reputable contributors on this list!!!!  And does so recognizing he will not see any business from his contribution !!!

As we say around here, Clarence is good people!

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Yooper Rocketman said:

Tom

Yes, no question @M20Doc should be on the list. In fact @Yooper Rocketman should be as well. :D

The list is long with good people who know way more about Mooneys than I do, and certainly than I did when I was looking for my first one. I'd have been right to have taken the advice of any of them and bought sight unseen.

• Like 1