Mooney Safety Foundation Training

• 5 months later...
1 minute ago, spistora said:

Does anyone know if they are able to restart the MAPA Safety Foundation Training this year?  Looks like the Lakeland FL training was scheduled for this coming weekend.

Lakeland was cancelled, but the next one in Santa Fe shoud be a go on April 23-25.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Vaccinations seem to be going pretty well everywhere. I am hoping the Safety Fndtn. is able to pull off the Santa Fe PPP. Plane has been "in the shop" since early Nov. (two different shops, one for new avionics, the other for annual), I am itchy to fly again, and will definitely be rusty. Is there any word on whether it is going forward?

• 2 weeks later...

The PPP in Santa Fe, NM next month on April 22-25 is looking to be a go as the directors are moving forward with it. It looks like its going to be a big one by the number of instructors,  myself included.  Shoud be fun!

• Like 1

On 3/9/2021 at 2:56 PM, kortopates said:

The PPP in Santa Fe, NM next month on April 22-25 is looking to be a go as the directors are moving forward with it. It looks like its going to be a big one by the number of instructors,  myself included.  Shoud be fun!

Who all from mooneyspace.com will be going? My schedule was a little iffy, but looks like it will be clearing up so I am planning on it. Anyone else? It would be fun to meet some of you in person.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hopefully this is on-topic enough, but I saw a ton of Mooneys in Santa Fe last Saturday. After finding this thread, I'm guessing the PPP explains why they were all in town. Anyway, I caught some video of the Mooneys at the airport and thought I'd post it in case anyone was interested:

Tail numbers include: N93KS, N58144, N618TG, N304MA, N1156Z, N257KW, N30EV, N59FM, N201FQ

• Like 3

There were 27 pilots and that would mean 13 or 14 instructors. I did not count the number of planes on the ramp but there were alot. It was a long walk out to the far end. At one point there were seven of us in the pattern at Moriarity, which is a small untowered rural airport. We went down to Belen to get some space (south of ABQ). Lots of pilots wanting to knock the rust off and see some other pilots. Would have been a little difficult for the NAs though. SAF is 6300 and had to go up to 10500 or more to get any kind of smooth air.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jon_NM said:

Hopefully this is on-topic enough, but I saw a ton of Mooneys in Santa Fe last Saturday. After finding this thread, I'm guessing the PPP explains why they were all in town. Anyway, I caught some video of the Mooneys at the airport and thought I'd post it in case anyone was interested:

Tail numbers include: N93KS, N58144, N618TG, N304MA, N1156Z, N257KW, N30EV, N59FM, N201FQ

Jon, Are you based at SAF or nearby?

1 hour ago, kortopates said:

Jon, Are you based at SAF or nearby?

Paul - Yes, I'm doing IR training now at SAF.

9 hours ago, carusoam said:

Welcome aboard Jon!

Great video!

Lots of wind.

Best regards,

-a-

carusoam - Thanks!

• Like 1