2008 Acclaim Tire rubbing

2 hours ago, OR75 said:

Tire pressure variance should not make the tire interfere with the steel, else it would be a design flaw.

Now I am curious to know if a flat tire would lead to aluminum being bent   

Low tire pressure will cause what is known as "Tire Shake" it's not the manufacturer fault for someone not maintaining tire pressures. As for metal getting bent, I would expect some damage up to completely destroying the door

20 hours ago, Aspen2013 said:

Tire pressure not low. Exactly 42psi. No carrier style landings. That last landing was a greaser. Not saying they all are but that one was. Going to check washers. Probably be jacking it up soon. 

Greasing the landing does not require actual grease... pic above.   :)

Crash landing from 10’ above the runway will leave a mark on the bottom of the gear doors... ask @Cris how this is a known known...

Jack it up... be prepared with the manuals... look for the spacers that may have gone missing...(?)

How familiar with Modern Mooneys Is your mechanic... gear door adjustment is not going to be familiar to everybody...

Best regards,

-a-

The main point made from folks above is that this is correctable by adjusting the rigging on the gear door so that the tire bulge on landing doesn't touch the door. We can tell from you picture that its not rubbing until the wheel bulges on landing. But the other aspect that I didn't see mentioned of is that the gear door is actually rigged to be flush with the belly when the wheel is retracted - you don't want it hanging it out. If the doors aren't flush with a bit more clearance, it may be necessary to see if the wheels can go a bit higher inside - one thing can lead to another here. But first step is find out how much clearance you need to keep the tire from rubbing on landing with proper pressure. 

• Like 1

I agree with Paul. From experience, the only way to tell what’s going on is to put the airplane on jacks and raise the gear and check the fit. It takes a lot of trial and error. Someone who has done this a lot can save a lot of trial and error here.

Skip