Shunt Location 1984 M20J s/n1442

22 minutes ago, carusoam said:

Hey Curt,

I would expect on the firewall... with two large wires going to and from it.... and a pair of ammeter wires as well...

Let’s ask @M20Doc (location of the shunt for an 84J)

Best regards,

-a-

22 minutes ago, carusoam said:

Hey Curt,

I would expect on the firewall... with two large wires going to and from it.... and a pair of ammeter wires as well...

Let’s ask @M20Doc (location of the shunt for an 84J)

Best regards,

-a-

Thanks! I am not familiar with this site.How do I contact @M20Doc?

Thanks- do you know what it is mounted to? 

As Skip stated above, it's mounted behind the far right quarter panel with all the CB. The whole thing pulls out about 4-5", not a lot but enough. Besides being secured from the front it's also secured with hardware from below and the outside fuselage - don't really recommend tackling this till you look at the documentation in the service manual that provides all the details of what you need to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Speed Merchant said:

Thanks! I am not familiar with this site.How do I contact @M20Doc?

Sorry I’m late!  As others have said, many electrical items are between the firewall and instrument panel, above the copilots knees.  Access can be a challenge, removing the seat, or the circuit breaker panel helps.

Clarence

1 hour ago, M20Doc said:

Sorry I’m late!  As others have said, many electrical items are between the firewall and instrument panel, above the copilots knees.  Access can be a challenge, removing the seat, or the circuit breaker panel helps.

Clarence

Thanks Clarence!

1 hour ago, M20Doc said:

Clarence

Thanks I appreciate your help!

2 hours ago, kortopates said:

As Skip stated above, it's mounted behind the far right quarter panel with all the CB. The whole thing pulls out about 4-5", not a lot but enough. Besides being secured from the front it's also secured with hardware from below and the outside fuselage - don't really recommend tackling this till you look at the documentation in the service manual that provides all the details of what you need to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks I appreciate your comments!

Clarence

What about just removing the glareshield and accessing it from the top?

6 hours ago, ArtVandelay said:

What about just removing the glareshield and accessing it from the top?

I was assuming that it was already removed as part of his JPI installation, but if not, yes removing it would help.

Clarence