Panel cutout for Shadin miniflo - is there a name for it?

And...yes...before someone states the obvious, it's named a rectangle.  HAHA!  :D

The Miniflo shares what seems to be a somewhat common shape for the cutout, a rectangle with angled corners.  I got a diagram from Shadin and could cut it manually and carefully, but this seems to be a commonly used shape and I'm hoping to find a punch or trim ring for it (in case the cutting isn't as perfect as we'd like).  So far, I can't find either of those...but I'm sure I'm challenged by not knowing the name for this shape...if there is a standard name for the panel opening.

Thanks MS!

Ross

Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 2.39.28 PM.png

6 minutes ago, Ross Taylor said:

I'm sure I'm challenged by not knowing the name for this shape...if there is a standard name for the panel opening.

That's called 1/2 ATI instrument cutout.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ross, I have that template for my CNC machine, what do you want the outside line to look like and what thickness material?  I'll cut and mail it for $25, you can trim if necessary and paint.

Don

supercub180@gmail.com

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Aerodon said:

Ross, I have that template for my CNC machine, what do you want the outside line to look like and what thickness material?  I'll cut and mail it for $25, you can trim if necessary and paint.

Don

supercub180@gmail.com

Wow, right on! Thanks - I’ll email you tomorrow. 

On 7/11/2020 at 11:06 PM, Aerodon said:

Don

supercub180@gmail.com

Cut Two.  I need one too.  I’ll send a PM so you can give me mailing address for check.  Thank you!

• Like 1