Need Stall Warning Part Number

Could use some Mooneyspace advice. My stall warning has been way too sensitive. If it goes off on landing, it stays on all the way to taxi (I usually pull the breaker). But recently, it stays on, even in cruise. I have had it serviced and inspected but two shops say it is functioning normal during testing. However, I tested it on the ground and the slightest pressure left or right will cause it to go off and stay on. The lever moves freely, it just seems like there is a short in it somewhere. Found some old documentation from previous owners and the complaint goes back to at least 2007. 

Does anyone have the part number for the in wing sensor unit. And where to purchase it?

Thanks, Pau 

45 minutes ago, PMcClure said:

Could use some Mooneyspace advice. My stall warning has been way too sensitive. If it goes off on landing, it stays on all the way to taxi (I usually pull the breaker). But recently, it stays on, even in cruise. I have had it serviced and inspected but two shops say it is functioning normal during testing. However, I tested it on the ground and the slightest pressure left or right will cause it to go off and stay on. The lever moves freely, it just seems like there is a short in it somewhere. Found some old documentation from previous owners and the complaint goes back to at least 2007. 

Does anyone have the part number for the in wing sensor unit. And where to purchase it?

Thanks, Pau 

Read this thread for a bit of background.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PMcClure said:

Great - a $2500 switch :(

Thank you for the info! 

Did some research on this...there's more to it.

• Contact Jim Hamel at Sure Flight.  914-946-9500, x1159.  They're a bit north of me in the White Plains/Westchester area.
  • The new part (C98307-1) is $2,981
  • The overhaul cost is $1788.60
  • The OH basically includes new "guts" to the switch...you really only get back the outer casing.  Everything else is replaced
  • Jim can give you lead/turnaround times, so reach out to him
  • Website is https://www.safeflight.com/ for reference

Good luck.  :-)

Steve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is it a heated or non heated switch. I can look in the PM for a number for you.

That said, you might consider a little bit of contact cleaner and cycle it a bunch of times. I had a Piper with the same Safe flight unit that did not like to get wet. After some CRC contact cleaner in the switch portion, then some WD-40 to lube it,  it functioned normally.

The surrounding stainless steel structure indicates that it is a Fiki installation...

Expect that the stall warning vane is heated....

Because stalling in icing conditions has the same results as stalling in beautiful VMC...

Why go Fiki, and not heat the stall vane?

Best regards,

-a-