FS: NEW WAT Parmetheus Pro LED Landing Lights

If you're thinking about upgrading your stock incandescent landing light or an older generation LED landing light consider the Whelen Aerospace Technologies (WAT) Parmetheus Pro LED landing light. It comes in a PAR-36 or PAR-46 with dual voltage so any particular light can support your 14V or 28V electrical system. It is nearly twice as bright as the WAT Parmetheus Plus brand and is one of the best bang-for-the buck lights out there. These lights were originally designed for turbine aircraft such as Kingairs, Citations, Challengers, Hawkers, etc. so the quality in design is much higher. That is exemplified with a heat sink on the front of the LED so it does not frost over in icing conditions (assuming it is exposed and not behind a lens). They carry an STC for all piston aircraft and come with a 5 year warranty.

The PAR-36 light has been one of my best selling lights. I often sell fellow BTers with nose bowl mounted lights and one on the nose gear a PAR-36 Parmetheus Pro landing light and a PAR-36 Parmetheus Plus taxi light (P36P2T for 28V and P36P1T for 14V).

I just installed a pair of the PAR-46 Parmetheus Pro landing lights in my M-35 and there is a noticeable difference between the PAR-46 Parmetheus Plus landing lights and the Pros. I love them.
I am working on a YouTube video that highlights the differences between the Parmetheus Plus and the Parmetheus Pro landing lights.

You can order them off my website at https://www.gallagheraviationllc.com/wh ... hting.html
Please email me any questions or concerns you have at gallagheraviationllc@gmail.com or give our sales department a call at 1.833.425.5288.

Parmetheus Pro Flyer.jpg

Parmetheus Pro.jpg

ParmetheusPro_PAR46.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

PAR stands for parabolic aluminized reflector and the "36" or "46" is the size of the light. To figure out the size, take 1/8th of an inch and multiply it by the 36 or 46 and you'll get the diameter of the light. So a PAR-36 is 4.5" in diameter and a PAR-46 lamp is 5.75" in diameter.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
These LED landings lights ship as soon as they come in and are the most popular light I sell! I have more in stock now and ready to ship. They are quick and easy to swap your early generation LED landing light or a burned out incandescent bulb.

1-833-425-5288 <-- Call me here
gallagheraviationllc@gmail.com <-- Email me here
https://www.gallagheraviationllc.com/whelen-aircraft-lighting.html<-- Buy the Pro here
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I just received more of these landing lights in stock and they are ready to ship. If you are looking for a quick and easy enhancement to your Mooney, the Pro is the ticket! Here are some before and after photos on a Piper  Cherokee

IMG_7870.thumb.jpeg.fa5eaf3ec002950186455f88beefa4b3.jpeg

IMG_8012.thumb.jpeg.643f2c3f057ba4ec476975fdf48d34dc.jpeg

1-833-425-5288 <-- Call me here
gallagheraviationllc@gmail.com <-- Email me here
https://www.gallagheraviationllc.com/whelen-aircraft-lighting.html<-- Buy the Pro here

• 1 month later...

I ordered mine from you yesterday!  I'm still working on my PPL in my 66E and my first night landings have felt like I was shining a pocket flashlight over the nose to try and see where I was going.  We have come a long way since the OG PAR 46 lights.  Hoping you can help me light up the whole airport on approach.  lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nukemzzz said:

I ordered mine from you yesterday!  I'm still working on my PPL in my 66E and my first night landings have felt like I was shining a pocket flashlight over the nose to try and see where I was going.  We have come a long way since the OG PAR 46 lights.  Hoping you can help me light up the whole airport on approach.  lol

Thanks! I have it packaged up and it is shipping out today. You'll like this light a lot! 

Interesting that in the hangar I can’t really tell the difference between the Incandescent and the LED other than the color temp.

The center most point on the LED seems more intense. I believe this is where the action is at and I won’t really be able to tell a big difference until I’m on final. It’s good to see that there is some diffusion of the beam to help with taxi. It’s not a pencil thin beam alone. 

C122DBC1-9CA3-49B6-9D0E-4A3EE467335C.jpeg

504AD85A-16A4-4806-B830-584F4FE42C7A.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Nukemzzz said:

Interesting that in the hangar I can’t really tell the difference between the Incandescent and the LED other than the color temp.

The center most point on the LED seems more intense. I believe this is where the action is at and I won’t really be able to tell a big difference until I’m on final. It’s good to see that there is some diffusion of the beam to help with taxi. It’s not a pencil thin beam alone. 

C122DBC1-9CA3-49B6-9D0E-4A3EE467335C.jpeg

504AD85A-16A4-4806-B830-584F4FE42C7A.jpeg

You will see it on final. That PAR-46 Pro has the optics to project that beam very far. It was designed for jet aircraft that did not want to go to an HID system.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a couple of the PAR-36 Pros shipping out tomorrow to a fellow Mooneyspacer!

https://www.gallagheraviationllc.com/whelen-aircraft-lighting.html <-- Website

gallagheraviationllc@gmail.com <-- Email me

1-833-425-5288 <-- Call or text me

• 1 month later...

I have a PAR-46 Pro on the way out to a M20J owner! These are fantastic landing lights. Here is a test where I compared a PAR-36 Parmetheus Pro to an Aerolite LED light. Do you notice the difference? These have the same exact camera settings meaning ISO, shutter speed, aperture, and camera position. I did some post picture touch up in photoshop to balance the colors better because the Pro and the Aerolite have different colors, which threw off my white balance a little bit.

Edit_WATPro.thumb.jpg.b90e5c7ecc243611873f05730b1d7fb3.jpg

WAT PAR-36 Parmetheus Pro above

Edit_Aerolite.thumb.jpg.589dd75b90e1ba4e1996aea19a41af46.jpg

PAR-36 Aerolite above

1-833-425-5288 <-- Call or text me

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The PAR-36 Parmetheus Pro has been flying off the shelf this past week! I have more on the way too. This is by far the most popular light I have available.

1-833-425-5288 <-- Call me

• 2 weeks later...

I have several of these, along with the less-expensive Parmetheus Plus PAR-36 and PAR-46 size LED and taxi lights. If you're not sure what to get, shoot me an email or give me a call and we can talk to find something that meets your needs and budget.

1-833-425-5288 <-- Call me

www.gallagheraviationllc.com <-- Website