Nashville Maintenance

Hey folks,

New to the forum. I'm looking to purchase a J model in the near future, based in Nashville. Is there a "go to" A&P in the area for Mooneys? 

Also, I'm open to any tips, thoughts, gotchas on the search and purchase.

Thanks in advance,

Scott

Welcome aboard TS!

Mooney has a website that lists all of their preferred MSCs...

Stand by for more specific advice to your question...

PPIs are all the rage for plane purchasing...  best way to protect your wallet...

TT Is the best way to protect the thing your wallet is attached to... (transition training)

AAA is the best resource for comparing planes that are for sale...  they have a lot to compare with...

Best regards,

-a-

Welcome aboard TS!
Mooney has a website that lists all of their preferred MSCs...
Stand by for more specific advice to your question...
PPIs are all the rage for plane purchasing...  best way to protect your wallet...
TT Is the best way to protect the thing your wallet is attached to... (transition training)
AAA is the best resource for comparing planes that are for sale...  they have a lot to compare with...
Best regards,
-a-

AAA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

A great mentor friend of mine works at a shop in Smyrna now. He ran his own shop in Chicago for 20 years. I’ll see if he can take a look at it. We worked together on several Mooney’s in Chicago. 201 windscreen mods, wing re-skins. Fun jobs. 
I’m in Nashville about once a month for work, we still try and get together. 
-Matt

On 7/9/2020 at 12:37 AM, MB65E said:

A great mentor friend of mine works at a shop in Smyrna now. He ran his own shop in Chicago for 20 years. I’ll see if he can take a look at it. We worked together on several Mooney’s in Chicago. 201 windscreen mods, wing re-skins. Fun jobs. 
I’m in Nashville about once a month for work, we still try and get together. 
-Matt

Matt,

I'm still in the looking stage but would love to have a local guy who knows Mooneys. Who's he with in Smyrna?

Scott

2 hours ago, T Scott said:

Matt,

I'm still in the looking stage but would love to have a local guy who knows Mooneys. Who's he with in Smyrna?

Scott

Hi Scott, let me check in with him. 
He’s the best!

-Matt

On 7/13/2020 at 3:44 PM, bradp said:

@AGL Aviation at KMRN   I travel about as far west as you’d have to travel east.  There are now many of us that make the trip - for good reason.  

Thanks Brad. 

We know things can be difficult in the area of logistics. With that said, if you have a preferred mechanic - we try to make ourselves as open as we can be to communicate with other mechanics and help them. We're certainly not trying to shoot ourselves in the foot... but sometimes it's what it takes to make sure your Mooney is maintained properly. 

• Like 1

I use Joey Cole as well at DNN.  Not too long of a flight for your, especially if you're on the south side of BNA.  All interstate if you have to drive as well.  You can usually find some MSer's to help out on a shuttle flight if needed though.