Commercial Pilot achieved today!!

mooneygirl

7 minutes ago, Parker_Woodruff said:

Pretty much does nothing until you get to flying turbine aircraft.  And even then, "it depends."

I've never been asked about my turbine time when renewing my Mooney, not that I have a lot of it. maybe I'm missing a discount??

I did verify with my broker that ATP would have no affect on my rates. I pretty much am at about the lowest they'll go already.

-Robert

Just now, RobertGary1 said:

I've never been asked about my turbine time when renewing my Mooney, not that I have a lot of it. maybe I'm missing a discount??

I did verify with my broker that ATP would have no affect on my rates. I pretty much am at about the lowest they'll go already.

-Robert

I should say "flying and insuring turbine aircraft".  What I'm saying is if you request a quote for a TBM700 the underwriter might care if you have your Commercial or not.

7 minutes ago, RobertGary1 said:

Funny the order of things. Flying a piston twin is in many ways a lot harder than jets. My first simulated engine failure in the citation was at 35 feet and nothing happens but the VSI goes down to Mooney climb rates. In a piston twin you'd be a really busy puppy.

-Robert

You're very right, flying a jet in normal conditions is very easy, but I was referring to getting the Type Rating.  I got it from Flight Safety and absorbing the knowledge part was like being hit with a fire hose that never turned off.

Just now, donkaye said:

You're very right, flying a jet in normal conditions is very easy, but I was referring to getting the Type Rating.  I got it from Flight Safety and absorbing the knowledge part was like being hit with a fire hose that never turned off.

I agree with that. I've say the piston twin requires more stick and rudder flying skills and the jet work requires more knowledge. Also introducing another set of aerodynamics for high altitude/ near mach makes it interesting.

-Robert

If anyone is going for the Commercial, I do have a good de-brief written up. If you would like a copy just PM me with your email address.  If you are getting ready for any sort of check ride, here is the article I wrote for Flying Magazine:  https://www.flyingmag.com/story/training/nail-your-check-ride/

• Like 1