Stall Horn 2008 Acclaim Type S

• 2 months later...
On 7/7/2020 at 3:12 PM, StevenL757 said:

Posted this on a related thread, but including here as a supplement to above...in the event you need a replacement or overhaul on your existing switch.

• Contact Jim Hamel at Sure Flight.  914-946-9500, x1159.  They're a bit north of me in the White Plains/Westchester area.
  • The new part (C98307-1) is $2,981
  • The overhaul cost is $1788.60
  • The OH basically includes new "guts" to the switch...you really only get back the outer casing.  Everything else is replaced
  • Jim can give you lead/turnaround times, so reach out to him
  • Website is https://www.safeflight.com/ for reference

I sent mine in, 3 weeks ago. Still waiting for it to come back. The price for new has went way up. As in $7500.00 !!!!!! This price was quoted to me by both Mooney and CAV.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

I got my stall vane back from Safe Flight. Looks very good. They even personalized it with a "G" on it for me!:D I am posting this because when I got it back from SafeFlight the inspection report said, "non standard connecter removed" and the unit now had a square molex connector like the one in the pictures from CAV posted above. So now I have my unit, but the connecters don't match! So I called CAV and as always, Mr. Jason Jennings is there to bail me out. He explained that both connecters are acceptable, and that the one on my airplane is what they used to put on which is a Tyco plug. He gave me the part numbers for the new style and they are as follows

Plug Molex #03-06-2122 qty 1

Pins Molex #02-06-2103 qty 4

I checked Mouser and they have 45,000 in stock LOL!

Anyway I had Tyco pins left over from my defroster motor project, and after discussion with my mechanic the preference was to change the plug on the Safe Flight unit rather than the plane, because there was more material to work with and it was easier to work on the bench. So we removed the pins from the old plug and put in the wires and pins. 

Here are some pictures

S89XHXY2TQ65vXeTe4oXZw.thumb.jpg.95553dbe01bd998e9d0ebde78278e92c.jpg

652599168_UcxjsWQeSBXO16R8jYFrw.thumb.jpg.ded7bd0323830faeab6f0332b947bbf4.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/20/2020 at 8:29 PM, GeeBee said:

I sent mine in, 3 weeks ago. Still waiting for it to come back. The price for new has went way up. As in $7500.00 !!!!!! This price was quoted to me by both Mooney and CAV.

I can’t believe that number...beyond asinine.  I certainly hope they were able to do much better for you.

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 1/20/2022 at 5:01 PM, larryb said:

Any update? I may need to deal with this myself soon.

Thanks, Larry

Mine was replaced at a cost about $500 (I think). Not with my log books but will take a look when I am back at the hangar and see if I can get a part number?

• Thanks 1