Hydraulic flap cable

I need to purchase a new hydraulic flap cable.   I just went through annual and put the belly pan back on.   I'm trying not to take it off again.   Does anyone happen to know the diameter  of piano wire that I would need to order to  replace only the inner wire.   I plan to leave the housing alone.   Are there any updated products that I might want to know about,  such as potentially Teflon coated piano wire?

John Breda

This just happened to me a few months ago. You’ll have to disconnect the wire clamps from behind the panel and pull out the lever to fix this anyway. Might as well do it now to take the measurement. I bought the next largest size from McMaster and it’s quite snug and I didn’t get the polished version since it wasn’t avail in this size. I would have been better off a size under and polished I think.  Let me see if I can find the exact wire I used. 

I only went with Matte instead of polished because it was the closest to my measured size, however I think it ended up being 0.005“ above the original wire. It worked, but it’s a little harder to move now. Maybe it will break in.