That should help somewhat and a verbal helps too, while your standing right there and pointing....... no guarantees though...... good luck !

Oh, another thought....... sometimes when I’m enlighten passengers prior to boarding, I use the phrase “please be extremely careful not to touch the control surfaces, and please only step where designated, as the metal is very, very thin like a Coke can and crushes quite easily “. 

Still, no guarantees. :(

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MooneyMitch said:

That should help somewhat and a verbal helps too, while your standing right there and pointing....... no guarantees though...... good luck !

Oh, another thought....... sometimes when I’m enlighten passengers prior to boarding, I use the phrase “please be extremely careful not to touch the control surfaces, and please only step where designated, as the metal is very, very thin like a Coke can and crushes quite easily “. 

Still, no guarantees. :(

I always tell them to only step on the black . . . . But that won't work for you anymore, @MooneyMitch!

• Haha 3

I don't think I've ever had anyone step there while loading.  It's always after the flight when they are getting out and no longer thinking about the instructions I gave them before the flight.  I guess I need to sit there a minute and go over deplaning instructions before opening the door.

1 hour ago, skydvrboy said:

I don't think I've ever had anyone step there while loading.  It's always after the flight when they are getting out and no longer thinking about the instructions I gave them before the flight.  I guess I need to sit there a minute and go over deplaning instructions before opening the door.

15 hours ago, eman1200 said:

Always extend the flaps when boarding new pax. 99% of that problem solved.

One could lower flaps for deplaning.  Then you’d be all set for your next passenger flight. 

• Like 1

I'm disappointed in this thread.  :-(

I thought it would be a good hearty debate yet again about the merits of speed enhancements of removing the step vs the utility of keeping it.  Instead all I find is a discussion about a sticker.   oh hum.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, aviatoreb said:

I'm disappointed in this thread.  :-(

I thought it would be a good hearty debate yet again about the merits of speed enhancements of removing the step vs the utility of keeping it.  Instead all I find is a discussion about a sticker.   oh hum.

Nothing to see here folks...... move along please! :lol:

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Hyett6420 said:

Go for a run Eric, you sound stressed.  :)  

But you spelled my name wrong!

...hehe no I’m not stressed - quite opposite I’m in a silly funny boisterous mood on a sunny Sunday morning drinking coffee.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, aviatoreb said:

But you spelled my name wrong!

...hehe no I’m not stressed - quite opposite I’m in a silly funny boisterous mood on a sunny Sunday morning drinking coffee.

‘‘Tis another absolutely gorgeous day....... I might just go for another flight today........ let’s go!! :D

• Like 1