Alpha seat belt conversions sold

1 minute ago, Alan Fox said:

If you fly without shoulder belts , you are stupid , (or cheap)  This is the one mod , that will safe your life......

The very first thing I purchased for my E....... I think even the CB’s will agree that they are needed in any aircraft 

Definitely something I would like to do.  My C has a long shoulder strap that connects where the back seat, seat belts connect and it goes forward over the front seat (under headrest) to the front lap belt to act as a shoulder harness.  I've never seen anything like it (I'm no expert), I'm wondering if it's someone's made up design that wouldn't do much.  The Alpha looks nice, I hear they can be a bear to install the mounting bracket because the aircraft skin is so tight to the cage/frame.

16 minutes ago, Tcraft938 said:

Definitely something I would like to do.  My C has a long shoulder strap that connects where the back seat, seat belts connect and it goes forward over the front seat (under headrest) to the front lap belt to act as a shoulder harness.  I've never seen anything like it (I'm no expert), I'm wondering if it's someone's made up design that wouldn't do much.  The Alpha looks nice, I hear they can be a bear to install the mounting bracket because the aircraft skin is so tight to the cage/frame.

Those are illegal , because of the low mounting points , they will cause compression fractures in your back , if in a substantial deceleration..

Alan,

I have shoulder belts in my K. But they are not recoil belts. Would these simply replace the shoulder harness? I suppose I could sell my non recoil shoulder belts for a couple hundred... they are in good shape but recoil ones seem really nice. Will these fit any mooney? Do you see any issue installing on my K. 

4 hours ago, geoffb said:

..and if you have manual gear, you want these push-button receivers.

Agree 100%

While I hope to never need the shoulder part of the upgrade, I appreciate and benefit on every flight from the push button buckle when dropping the gear. No more skinned up knuckle on my right hand.

On 7/5/2020 at 11:24 AM, geoffb said:

..and if you have manual gear, you want these push-button receivers.

Even if you don't have manual gear, the button is nice.  I still catch the latch type when adjusting the trim.