Robert Belville passed away

I wasn’t blessed with the chance to meet Bob face to face but reading what he typed, I was reminded of another gentleman aviator I was fortunate enough to spend time with as an impressionable youth.  When he spoke, you listened.  Fair winds and blue skies Bob.  I imagine your transition training to the new wings was an easy one.  And your beautiful E pales in comparison to them too. 

Just now, Parker_Woodruff said:

Sad to hear. Do we know if his plane sold? If not, I’m sure we could all keep Nancy in mind when recommending planes to new buyers. 

About a month after he put his E up for sale, I contacted him and told him I was interested.  At the time he said he had 2 buyers in the wings so I left it at that.  Have no idea if the sale went thru.

Becky & I send Nancy & the girls our condolences.  Seeing Bob each year was one of the highlights of each Summit.

Neil

• Like 1

Wow, I am so sorry to hear this. I had followed many of his posts on here and when I stopped in for pizza at Oshkosh in 2018, I recognized him right away.  Bob saw my name tag and started asking me about  the airplane I bought a few years previous and had been refurbishing. He gave me a personal tour of his E - this was soon after the paint job and new cowling. It felt like we had known each other for years. A pleasure to spend time with - I only wish I had a chance to get to know him better. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

This picture on FlightAware is a great picture of Bob and his airplane

image.png.daeff130923125e445da4dc8f8594cf7.png

• Like 3

I was heartbroken this morning to answer a call from Nancy telling me of Bob's passing. Bob was a treasure to general aviation, and quite the Mooney fan boy. He and Nancy put me up for a few days while AGL did work on my Bravo, as never there was a stranger if they occupied the left seat of a Mooney to the Bellvilles..

Bob was slated to take Lee's place on the Mooney Summit Board, as his wisdom and guidance would be invaluable.

I have yet to meet a kinder or caring person other than my wife. His devotion to family, God, aviation and all things good are what treasures he has shared with all. I will miss our very deep and thought inspiring conversations about the convergence of religion and science.

His generosity as a Mooney Summit presidents' club member has helped many of our family when they have needed the support.

Tail winds, dear friend. Please smile on us each time we say "clear"

Bob Bellville.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Met him once in Oshkosh and will remember a real fine gentleman willing to share his experience and knowledge with others. Mooneyspace won't be the same without Bob. 

• Like 1

While it's coming for all of us, it doesn't make it any easier when one of the All Time Greats gets called home. 

I got to know Bob right here on MooneySpace. And we got to be good friends. I learned so much from Bob early on. And he was always a voice of wisdom here on MooneySpace. Whether we were on opposite sides of the debate, or writing in full support of each other's position, I counted it an honor just to be in the conversation with Bob. I was privileged to get together with Bob for several years at Oshkosh. It was always good to pull up a chair and chat, often in the lobby of Wisconsin Aviation at KMSN as soon as we'd arrived. 

As others have said, Bob was the Mooney owner/pilot we all aspire to be. He flew an E, the original Mooney hot rod and the best of the short bodies. And under his care it became undoubtedly the best E in the country. And he used it like a Mooney is meant to be used. It was always flying and flying far. Every time I had the privilege to see N943RW, it was in better shape than the time before. I hope whoever has her now, is treating her properly and understands the legacy they are responsible for.

Bob, you'll be missed. It was a privilege and honor to call you Friend.

• Like 7

Very sad news! I met Bob a few times at the Mooney Summits, unfortunately I never got to have a conversation with him, I wish that I had. I've always valued his input here on Mooneyspace. He will be missed!

I can’t believe I just read this...I’m shocked and sad.  We met Bob and Nancy at my first Mid-Atlantic caravan training two years ago, and throughout the training and then Oshkosh itself, both of them couldn’t have been any nicer and more pleasant to be around.  Wonderful, wonderful people.  I’ll keep Nancy and the rest of their family in my prayers.

Steve

I’m really grateful that my daughter Olivia and I got to hang out with Bob at a couple of Oshkosh’s just sitting and shooting the breeze, if nothing more than to learn from a true gentleman.  Blue skies Bob.  Through and through condolences to Nancy  

P.S. on another Internet forum I’ve participated in, we made a point to memorialize people who had made a positive contribution to the community by pinning a “who was Bob Belville” type thread as appropriate. I think that would be a kind gesture and could start a little tradition / toast for our MS brothers and sisters who have passed along. 

• Like 8

I'm really sorry to read this.  Makes me regret not making it to last year's formation clinic where I would have had a chance to meet him in person.  Blue skies and thinking of his family and friends.  

Very sad, but I treat cancer patients and nobody wants to see anyone suffer. I have followed this board since 2007 and Bob was always a positive influence and helpful to those who passed by our community. I’ve been in the process of rebuilding my engine and installation and planned on taking her to AGL and have them service the landing gear this fall. Wanted to meet Bob while I was there, but it just goes to show we have no promises of tomorrow and Bob could have easily outlasted me under different circumstances. I don’t mourn like I used to when I was younger, even when my dad died just before the world fell apart. Now I celebrate and remember the good. Bob will be missed. 

• Like 2

Bob was and always will be the "Soul" of Mooneyspace ,  My first experience with Bob on line was some sort of snarky comment , he made , when I cut up the first E ,  from that one comment I knew "I like this guy" ... I got to meet him at one of the Summits a few years ago , and what a lovely man , and Nancy , what lovely people....Its funny , but every time I hear or mention "M20E" I think of Bob...  Always will...  Another great one heads west....  Blue skies Bob....   Blue skies

• Like 9

I met Bob a few years ago and was at the Mooney Summit in 2019 when he was recognized. A true gentleman on these pages and in person and always willing to share stories about his beloved Mooney. Blue skies and tailwinds, Bob and my sincere condolences to his family. 

We met Bob and Nancy at the Mooney Caravan some years ago. We are very sorry about Bob’s passing. We offer Nancy and all Bob’s family our sincerest condoleances. The Mooney Caravan not be the same without Bob. We will miss him a lot.

Yves and Diane (Olaf and Matrix)

Bob was my hangar neighbor at MRN when I lived in NC .  Great guy.  I always  enjoyed hanging out with him.  I emailed him a few weeks ago and he said “l’m fine, just have a little medical issue.”  Typical Bob.  God bless, lee

• Like 1