Robert Belville passed away

Robert Belville, February 17, 1943-July 2, 2020

Last night, in the company of his girls, Bob peacefully slipped the surly bonds of earth and touched the face of God. He was diagnosed with cancer in 2018, and had many good days to spend with people and activities he loved. His decline accelerated in the last few weeks, and we are grateful for visitors, meals, hospice caregivers, and love expressed in so many ways. He will be so missed by so many. No decision yet on services given the covid situation.

High Flight

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
Sunward I’ve climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
of sun-split clouds,—and done a hundred things
You have not dreamed of—wheeled and soared and swung
High in the sunlit silence. Hov’ring there,
I’ve chased the shouting wind along, and flung
My eager craft through footless halls of air. . . .

Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue
I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace
Where never lark nor ever eagle flew—
And, while with silent lifting mind I’ve trod
The high untrespassed sanctity of space,
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Sad 26

I met Bob and nancy a few times at Oshkosh, as we talked a few times on the phone. He was a little like me, he was always tinkering or tweaking to get it just right, and just a bit more speed. He had the nicest panel, and the nicest paint. He worked and worked to get it just right. He flew all the time, and took big trips. That whole country trip last year was nice to watch.  Aside from that, he was a really nice guy and I enjoyed being around him and Nancy. he will be sorely missed.  Tailwinds, Bob.

• Like 6

We will miss Bob Bellville! He's like the Mooney community version of Santa Clause, beard, big belly, and a really kind heart. First met Bob at one of the east coast formation flying clinics and then many times since at OSH, Summit, etc. If there was a Mooney community event, Bob was there. Very sad to hear the news, but thank you for sharing.

• Like 1

When we were planning our West to East Coast trip Bob reached out to me and said we would be going right over Hickory where they were having a Caravan Formation clinic and invited us to stop by and have dinner. It was a pleasure to meet him and Nancy then as well as to see them again at the Summit later that year. He will be greatly missed.

• Like 3

I had the pleasure of once flying with Bob in his wonderful E.  I'm thankful for that.  He was a great pilot and an even better guy.  There will be a large void at future Summits and Caravans.  

Nancy and family will be in our thoughts and prayers. 

Clear skies and tailwinds to our friend!

-Dan

Bob epitomized what we all should be striving to be. A caring human being, strong in his faith and a genuinely good person.

Not long after I joined MooneySpace, I got to know Bob through some PMs. I invited him to stop for lunch on one of his trips up to the Minuteman Airport from North Carolina. He was the first MooneySpacer I met. Even before Stinky Pants, the Grim Reaper and the rest of you crazy Mooniacs.

He gets out of his plane, greets me warmly and hands me a bottle of his home made wine as a “hello” gift. Who the heck does that? Heck, when Stinky Pants first visited, he wanted to know when the burgers were going to be done!

I’ll miss his demeanor and his calming ways. We didn’t just lose a fellow Mooniac, we lost part of ourselves...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by Marauder
  • Like 16

Sad, sad, sad.  I talked to Bob at two different Oshkosh's.  I'm really glad I did.

About 5 years ago or so, Bob started a thread about when would be a good time to stop flying.  Almost as though he had something on his mind bugging him.  3 or 4 years later, he did his Coast-to-coast flight in his M20E.  Good for you, Bob!

Blue skies and smooth air, we will miss you.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Bob epitomized what we all should be striving to be. A caring human being, strong in his faith and a genuinely good person.

Not long after I joined MooneySpace, I got to know Bob through some PMs. I invited him to stop for lunch on one of his trips up to the Minuteman Airport from North Carolina. He was the first MooneySpacer I met. Even before Stinky Pants, the Grim Reaper and the rest of you crazy Mooniacs.

He gets out of his plane, greets me warmly and hands me a bottle of his home made wine as a “hello” gift. Who the heck does that? Heck, when Stinky Pants first visited, he wanted to know when the burgers were going to be done!

I’ll miss his demeanor and his calming ways. We didn’t just lose a fellow Mooniac, we lost part of ourselves...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I'll miss you and Paul arguing with Bob about whether the engine monitor should be on the left or right side. :lol:

• Like 4