Whats This worth to you?

Niko182

The Idea comes up every now and then about getting something a tad bit bigger. Something
with barn doors and a weird B on the tail comes to mind. The reality is that when I travel I take
multiple bikes with me and shuffling them through the from door can be a lot sometimes.

Now on to the plane, Has practically perfect avionics, paint is at least an 8 with barely any chips, interior is
is also a 7 to 8 with the only things being a couple lose screws. TT is 1760. The engine is high time but
compressions are pretty good. so is bore scope. uses a quart every 7 to 8 hours. Propellor has about 200 to
300 hours on it for the 310hp STC. It was switched out because the old prop needed an overhaul. There is no damage
history on the aircraft. W&B is 1216 pounds useful load with a CG of 42.99. In the last 2.2 years, its been flown about 400
hours. This is one of very few Mooneys that will carry what ever you can put in it legally.

Avionics consist of G3X 10.6 with EIS and CIES senders, G5 backup and a full 4 servo GFC500 setup. GNX375, GNC255,
and a GTR225 with a PMA450B audio panel. 4 Garmin dual USB's for all seats. The G3X give you VNAV, so it makes up for
the fact that the GNX375 doesn't have VNAV. Id honestly say this is a squak free airplane. The right tank needs to be recalibrated
but that would obviously be done before I did anything with the plane. I get 176 knots at 12.5 GPH LOP usually around 10K. If you
want to go fast you can give it 14 to 15.5GPH at 8 to 10K and it give you about 183 knots. If you want to waste fuel, you can get past
190 pretty easily.

I'm just wonder what its worth to the real world.

1 hour ago, Niko182 said:

The Idea comes up every now and then about getting something a tad bit bigger. Something
with barn doors and a weird B on the tail comes to mind. The reality is that when I travel I take
multiple bikes with me and shuffling them through the from door can be a lot sometimes.

Now on to the plane, Has practically perfect avionics, paint is at least an 8 with barely any chips, interior is
is also a 7 to 8 with the only things being a couple lose screws. TT is 1760. The engine is high time but
compressions are pretty good. so is bore scope. uses a quart every 7 to 8 hours. Propellor has about 200 to
300 hours on it for the 310hp STC. It was switched out because the old prop needed an overhaul. There is no damage
history on the aircraft. W&B is 1216 pounds useful load with a CG of 42.99. In the last 2.2 years, its been flown about 400
hours. This is one of very few Mooneys that will carry what ever you can put in it legally.

Avionics consist of G3X 10.6 with EIS and CIES senders, G5 backup and a full 4 servo GFC500 setup. GNX375, GNC255,
and a GTR225 with a PMA450B audio panel. 4 Garmin dual USB's for all seats. The G3X give you VNAV, so it makes up for
the fact that the GNX375 doesn't have VNAV. Id honestly say this is a squak free airplane. The right tank needs to be recalibrated
but that would obviously be done before I did anything with the plane. I get 176 knots at 12.5 GPH LOP usually around 10K. If you
want to go fast you can give it 14 to 15.5GPH at 8 to 10K and it give you about 183 knots. If you want to waste fuel, you can get past
190 pretty easily.

I'm just wonder what its worth to the real world.

Lets say I owned it. How much would you honestly write me a check for it today. You are aware of what will need to be done in the near and long term. Be honest. Thats how much its worth.

• Like 1

I assume you are taking out the back seats but also take the copilot seat out when you load the bikes. You can leave seat belt attached and set it on the wing walk while loading the bikes then put it back in after. It takes a second to do but makes it sooooo much easier. 
When we fly with the baby I take the copilot seat out and leave it out for mom and baby to fly in the back seats. Loading baby seats in the back is a serious PITA plus it’s much safer in an emergency exit situation. I love having the copilot seat out and usually don’t put it back in until I have to. 
I’m sure you know how to remove the front seat but you just pull the 2 cotter pins, slide the seat back and lift, slide it all the way forward and lift. Reverse the process to put it back in. If you don’t take the belt off it literally takes a minute. Saves you way more time and frustration than leaving it in.

My problem tends to be im flying with 3 to 4 people and id want to take bikes. Ive done 3 bikes and 3 people but it was a hassle to get in. Was looking at the extended baggage field approval that i could do my self. But If i could get a A36 with a decent useful load that might not be a bad option.

1 hour ago, Niko182 said:

My problem tends to be im flying with 3 to 4 people and id want to take bikes. Ive done 3 bikes and 3 people but it was a hassle to get in. Was looking at the extended baggage field approval that i could do my self. But If i could get a A36 with a decent useful load that might not be a bad option.

I am jealous of the barn doors and the easy loading of bulky cargo. The front seat removal technique has made it much better for me but obviously less than ideal. I would keep your plane and Join a flying club that has a plane that fits your needs for the few times you are maxed out.
After owning several planes the best plane is one you own and is squawk free which fits 80% of your mission profile. Acquisition cost, taxes, upgrading and de-squawking a used plane has never gone in my favor. You never get back what you put into them.

• Like 1

That’s a tough one because whoever buys it obviously is going to factor in the cost of a reman 550... but you’ve got some great avionics and I know roughly the cost for that same new setup.  I don’t know what a firewall forward goes for these days on that engine.

This will probably be easier if you tell us the number you have in your head already and we will say whether or not you’re crazy :)