FS: NEW Whelen Orion 650E Wingtip LED Lights for later model Mooney Aircraft

The Whelen Aerospace Technologies (WAT) Orion 650E Model is an all-in-one LED forward facing position light with a 90 degree LED strobe light, which is designed for aircraft with enclosed wingtips such as the Mooney Bravo, and Ovation aircraft. These will replace your legacy Whelen A650 position and strobe lights. As your strobe power pack wears out converting to LED is a great time since replacing a wingtip power pack can cost between $600-$800. These are direct replacement lights, can use your existing wiring, and you'll remove your worn out strobe power packs for up to 10,000 hours of hassle free LED reliability. You'll gain more useful load from less weight, a more modern look with the LED lights, and be the envy of the airport! You will need an OR6501GE (14V) or OR6502GE (28V) for the right wing, OR6501RE (14V) or OR6502RE (28V) for your left wing, and an OR5001V (14V) or OR5002V (28V) for your tail light. 

These lights are FAA PMA/TSO/STC approved and for Mooney models that it does not carry an STC, a logbook entry as a minor modification utilizing AC No: 20-41A “Substitute Technical Standard Order (TSO) Aircraft Equipment will suffice (I can provide).

Orders over $500 ship free and there is no sales tax outside of Ohio. They come with a 5 year warranty and you can order from my website at http://www.gallagheraviationllc.com/whelen-aircraft-lighting.html

Email me with any questions at gallagheraviationllc@gmail.com or call us at 1-833-425-5288

c070ed2d3ede999e2ee1c93956b75d8f.thumb.jpg.7417f148eda309a13261033d6e698142.jpg650EC_720x.png.80dbf1138e2dd27cc33748fbbbc648d2.png

7c63667c257ed7a126b1b08ca7dc8652.thumb.jpg.073e870351e764710dea1a492fda5d15.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

These lights, along with the WAT Orion 500 LED tail light (strobe and position light) make for a great upgrade! LED draws less power, gives back some useful load, is more reliable, comes with a 5 year warranty, and is brighter than legacy lighting. It looks great too!

https://www.gallagheraviationllc.com/whelen-aircraft-lighting.html <— My website
gallagheraviationllc@gmail.com <— email me
1-833-425-5288 <— Call our Sales Department here

• 5 weeks later...

Any fall sales coming up  @OSUAV8TER ?

Also, looking at your website you have a bracket for enclosed Bonanza wingtips to get LED recognition lights...any chance you're working on an STC for Mooneys?

My original strobes are on the way out...going to need replacing soon.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
I have more Orion 650Es coming into stock soon! These are incredibly popular wingtip LED lights that are utilized for many different models of Mooney aircraft.

If you have any questions here is how you can reach me:
1. 1-833-425-5288 - Call me
2. gallagheraviationllc@gmail.com - Email me here. Photos of your airplane help
3. https://www.gallagheraviationllc.com/wh ... hting.html - WAT LED lights here

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/5/2020 at 10:43 AM, OSUAV8TER said:

The promotion for these lights have been extended until Sunday, August 9th!

https://www.gallagheraviationllc.com/whelen-aircraft-lighting.html <— My website
gallagheraviationllc@gmail.com <— email me
1-833-425-5288 <— Call our Sales Department here

27-9.jpg

Hi James, 

Do you have anything LED to replace the white position lights that sit next to the strobe/nav lights within the plastic enclosure?

Steve 

2 hours ago, Steve Dawson said:

Hi James, 

Do you have anything LED to replace the white position lights that sit next to the strobe/nav lights within the plastic enclosure?

Steve 

Are you referring to the forward facing recognition light? If so, I am pushing Whelen to develop an LED version. 

7 hours ago, OSUAV8TER said:

Are you referring to the forward facing recognition light? If so, I am pushing Whelen to develop an LED version. 

Yes I was. I noticed someone install a custom mounting with LED lights in place of the original on their M20M but as of yet haven't been able to find the reference picture to it here.

Thanks

Thank you Art, That was one of the articles I was thinking about. The other, (that I still can't find) had it a new custom made aluminum bracket holding a different light and the LED strobe/nav lights under the plastic cover. 

It's hard in Canada to get this stuff approved and get my avionics shop on  my side. 

Just now, Steve Dawson said:

Oh man, Found it or at least a good facsimile on Jame's site. It looks like it's on his V35 but it would work on Mooney's. 

https://www.gallagheraviationllc.com/whelen-aircraft-lighting.html

I wish. That thing is too big for Mooney aircraft.

1 minute ago, Steve Dawson said:

Do you have a smaller LED light that would fit if a similar bracket was made to fit inside the Mooney lens? 

I do not and nobody that I know of does. The LED version is on Whelen’s project list. I ping them every now and then to make sure it is on their radar.

• Like 1

I have a pair of the Orion 650E and the Orion 500 shipping out to another Mooney owner today!

https://www.gallagheraviationllc.com/whelen-aircraft-lighting.html <--- Order WAT LED lighting here

gallagheraviationllc@gmail.com <--- Email me for WAT LED quotes

1-833-425-5288 <--- Call and talk to me for personal advice! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2021 at 5:15 AM, OSUAV8TER said:

I would buy a pair of LED recognition lights for the J model right now. 

9 minutes ago, Brent said:

I would buy a pair of LED recognition lights for the J model right now. 

I have a huge rolodex from Mooney owners here and I’ve committed to buying the first hundred pair of these lights when they go LED. Any opportunity I get to push this light to Whelen, I do it. It will get done. It is on their project list and I am lobbying to move it up in priority.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, OSUAV8TER said:

I have a huge rolodex from Mooney owners here and I’ve committed to buying the first hundred pair of these lights when they go LED. Any opportunity I get to push this light to Whelen, I do it. It will get done. It is on their project list and I am lobbying to move it up in priority.

Please push the rear facing wingtip lights too!  That will be the final piece to Whelen owning every light-generating object on my exterior.