Seems like there is an uptick in people interested in the brand...

FloridaMan

I wonder what's going on. It looks like a number of people have posted that they're interested in buying a Mooney. No offense to any of our new members on this as this is good news to us.

I'm curious what the driving factors are: Reduction in available flights on the majors? Risk or additional BS with COVID-19? Increases in stock values from the latest round of QE? Ultra low interest rates on financing? People realizing their own mortality and taking new interest in tackling "bucket list" items? 

Edited by FloridaMan
  • Like 2

Probably all of those...  "Bored person with money needs new hobby; Thumbing nose at airlines a bonus."  As supporting evidence: The Part 135 folks are predicting a rapid recovery with an increase in bookings, even with the economic uncertainty.

As long as the economy doesn't bottom out, GA will survive this pandemic stronger than it entered.

I’m an out of work airline pilot looking to keep proficient. Always liked Mooneys. Serious IFR panels even back in the 80’s and 90’s. I’m looking to buy an early model Ovation. 94-98. Almost all I have found have the awesome KFC 150 auto pilot, flight director and a slaved HSI. Safe single pilot IMC equipped! Can’t go wrong with the speed either. Construction is the best in the business. Cessna and Piper have nothing on Mooney. 

Edited by V1VRV2
  • Like 4

1) Stuck indoors too long...

2) Have great access to the internet...

3) Naturally curious about speed and efficiency.....

4) Interest rates are rock bottom, and not going anywhere for two years... said J Pow... fed res chair....

5) Less people want to be in the back of the big tube with a bunch of unknown sources of health issues...

Sooo....

If you know you like speed and efficiency... you have found MS...

Learn about PPIs, and everything else to bring home a new2U forever-plane....   :)

PP thoughts and summary only...not a plane sales guy...

How big are your back seaters going to be?

Would you like a TC or TN to go with that?

Is the hat shelf really a dog house? :)

Go Mooney!

Best regards,

-a-

I'd say a little bit of everything.  I've noticed the same trends, not just here but other forums and word of mouth.  From what I've heard I expect an uptick in 135 ops, too.  (Maybe I'll switch careers after all?) I think the people/companies that can afford it will try to avoid the unwashed masses of the big airlines and maybe keep the nerds working from home and just send the sales guys on 135 to shake babies and kiss hands.

Mooney interest has been up and increasing over the last year...

Number of new MSers has increased...

Number of MSers looking for planes at the same time has increased...

The only thing not increasing is the Mooney inventory...

Best regards,

-a-