JPI 900 Order Info

Hi everyone,

JPI needs a scan of the aircraft engine limitations section from the owner's manual but mine doesn't have a limitations section in there. I mean am I missing something here, I can't find it anywhere? This is for a 1965 M20E. Serial number 740.

Thanks in advance.

Just now, R-Banger said:

Hi everyone,

JPI needs a scan of the aircraft engine limitations section from the owner's manual but mine doesn't have a limitations section in there. I mean am I missing something here, I can't find it anywhere? This is for a 1965 M20E. Serial number 740.

Thanks in advance.

Get one from the most recent POH...

You plane didn’t have a POH... it has an OM... a mere pamphlet of recommendations...

If you want good service while buying a JPI... we have Jeev for that...

Best regards,

-a-

Ah shoot I wish I would have known we had a guy, I have already ordered the unit unfortunately. I will call them directly to get them the info. Can't imagine they haven't run into this before. 

It takes having a guy to guide the complexities of an instrument builder dealing with the C19 challenges...

Good luck with your next steps...

Grab the POH from the download section... or buy a copy through your MSC...

Best regards,

-a-

Hi, if you can send me your email address, I can forward to you all the docs I used to order my EDM 900 just over a year ago. I have a 1964 M20E S/N 143.  I love the JPI monitor.  One of the best investments I ever made in aviation.  I have a RayJay Turbo and can provide that documentation also, which they needed in my case.  My email is markfox942@gmail.com

Let me know if I can help,

-mark

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Mark942 said:

Hi, if you can send me your email address, I can forward to you all the docs I used to order my EDM 900 just over a year ago. I have a 1964 M20E S/N 143.  I love the JPI monitor.  One of the best investments I ever made in aviation.  I have a RayJay Turbo and can provide that documentation also, which they needed in my case.  My email is markfox942@gmail.com

Let me know if I can help,

-mark

Thanks so much, just sent you an e-mail.

Bear in mind you want to mount it in front of you so you don’t have to have the remote light. If your fuel pressure touches 30psi at idle or oil pressure drops below 60psi, you’re gonna get distracted by the blinking light. 

Bear in mind you want to mount it in front of you so you don’t have to have the remote light. If your fuel pressure touches 30psi at idle or oil pressure drops below 60psi, you’re gonna get distracted by the blinking light. 

But the light will be yellow, indicating it’s a warning, so it shouldn’t alarm you too much. A quick glance at the JPI is all you need.

Just now, ArtVandelay said:

But the light will be yellow, indicating it’s a warning, so it shouldn’t alarm you too much. A quick glance at the JPI is all you need.

Nope. It’s red for the fuel pressure. Really pisses me off. JPI won’t (or can’t) do anything even though the engine limit is 45psi, the original panel limit was 30 and all new pumps will touch that from time to time when you’re on short final or taxiing around. 

Edited by FloridaMan
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, FloridaMan said:

Nope. It’s red for the fuel pressure. Really pisses me off. JPI won’t (or can’t) do anything even though the engine limit is 45psi, the original panel limit was 30 and all new pumps will touch that from time to time when you’re on short final or taxiing around. 

The annunciator light is yellow, but the alert in the 900 display is red. And yes, it’s annoying. 

Mine did that, I guess I forgot it was red, now that it’s broken in it stopped.

1 hour ago, salty said:

The annunciator light is yellow, but the alert in the 900 display is red. And yes, it’s annoying. 

I wish mine were yellow at limits. It’s yellow for oil pressure, but when fuel pressure hits 30psi, it blinks red.