First Hangar/Plane What Do I Need

14 hours ago, ArtVandelay said:

What’s the price range (per sqft) of this kind of construction?

Around $90k for the exterior shell including windows and doors but not including the hangar door. Pricing on the rest of the build should be done soon, probably today actually. Depending on interior materials and appliances etc etc I'd say you could get this done anywhere from $350,000 to $500,000. That large gap in price is due to there being many variables in material costs depending on what the client wants and also some things that you can skip initially and do as you go later, for example insulating the hangar portion, or liner panel in the hangar portion, etc etc.

Hangar Down Stairs Floor Plan.pdf Hangar Up Stairs Floor Plan.pdf

• Like 2

I started as a hangar renter after I bought my Mooney 10 years ago. After a while, I decided I wanted my own hangar with the “required” TV, internet, bathroom (my wife insisted), couch, refrigerator, compressor, tools, and fan. I had a cheap tow vehicle made from a converted lawn mower that still works, but I recently upgraded to a purpose built Power Tow and it has made a big improvement in getting the Mooney in and out of the hangar. Be sure you have some way to move your plane if you have some gradient to deal with. Ray

9A44F73E-E516-4136-B216-28CB0017C6A4.jpeg

• Like 1

Ray that is some serious gradient... 
let’s flatten it out a little...

+1 on Nick’s layouts...
+1 on The L’s construction details... and fancy pics...

The square box hangars leave plenty of extra space for interesting projects to be placed indoors and out of the way...

Thanks for sharing all of the details...

Best regards,

-a-

5EE7DA60-4961-41A7-9DA4-B6FA577B3A30.jpeg

• Like 2