N2652W will have a new home!

David and I met up this week and knocked out the details.  Put a deposit on her today!

The great news is David now has the time (and incentive ;o) to get the cowling to a state where I'll be able to fly it home (sometime in late August or early September).  For those who are waiting for the cowling, this will help you folks as well.

Very excited and David has been awesome to work with.  As the plane is put back together and flying again, I'll update folks with its progress.  We have a few items to knock out and she'll also have a Surefly mag to replace the left one.  Can't wait!

Once I get some time flying her, I'll be looking @ adding a Garmin GNC 355 GPS/COM with CDI.  Because I'll be waiting on the Garmin, it will put a damper on my IFR training in 52W a bit. I'll probably add the Garmin early next year.  This will give me more time to save some money, study, and get better -- maybe do some simulator training to keep my IFR training going.

Sorry to those who are waiting on the new cowling, but I'm now first in line ;o)

-Don

• Like 10

Yeah, I'm stoked and so is David. I know the history and that is important so I understand where she's at. 

Pretty solid mechanically needless to say. Scoped her and all... 

Can't wait to fly her! 

-Don 

On 6/27/2020 at 10:24 AM, RDuplechin said:

Carrollton, huh?   Where are you going to park that thing?

Well, damn! Hangers went fast! I used to be at KGPM but there are 60 in front of me.

Trying to find one not too far out..

Geez...

-Don

• 2 weeks later...

I received awesome news today -- GOT MY 3RD CLASS MEDICAL!

After fighting to overcome heart failure, pace maker install, and diabetes, I was approved today! That took almost 2 years but it’s finally done...

Just goes to show you can overcome obstacles with perseverance and hard work...

I’m beyond excited...

-Don

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Just now, hammdo said:

After fighting to overcome heart failure, pace maker install, and diabetes, I was approved today! That took almost 2 years but it’s finally done...

I’m beyond excited...

-Don

Excellent news.  :-)

Stay healthy and fly safe.

30 minutes ago, hammdo said:

I’m beyond excited...

-Don

This IS awesome news!!

Thanks!
I sure as heck did not win the lottery in the ‘gene pool’ but, I do what I have too ;o)

I took a risk buying a plane before I got the medical but, my AME was pretty confident if I did all the right things, I’d be in great position to get my medical. I was very determined— man that Bruce Protocol is a ‘fun’ stress test - not...

Now, the real hard work starts to keep it ;o)

Now that I got it, anyone who’s in a similar boat can know it’s possible...

-Don

5 hours ago, hammdo said:

I’m beyond excited...

-Don

I’m excited for you!

Way to get it done!

Perseverance is everything. 

Best regards,

-a-

8 hours ago, hammdo said:

Thanks!
I sure as heck did not win the lottery in the ‘gene pool’ but, I do what I have too ;o)

I took a risk buying a plane before I got the medical but, my AME was pretty confident if I did all the right things, I’d be in great position to get my medical. I was very determined— man that Bruce Protocol is a ‘fun’ stress test - not...

Now, the real hard work starts to keep it ;o)

Now that I got it, anyone who’s in a similar boat can know it’s possible...

-Don

If you don't mind my asking, who is you're AME? I'm looking for one who will work with me. I'm no youngster either. Fifty years of flying takes it's toll....Thanks

Congrats!!!   I sold N2652W to Dave years ago.  I should have my back side kicked for not buying it back when I had the chance.  I am now stuck with a M20E that was perfect on paper that has been trouble every day I have had it...

Congrats again.  My family and I have some great memories in that bird.  

Thanks!

I take it you’re Kevin?

She is still in great shape. With what David is doing, I’m sure she will continue that. With all the speed mods (most that you can’t get anymore), I’m happy.

it does need paint and an updated IFR GPS/COM but I can live with that for a bit. IFR GPS/COM will come sooner than later.

i can’t wait to fly her.

-Don

SureFly and harness are on the way to David! Hope to hear in the next couple of weeks she’s purring again...

Still doing some IFR training in 3535X for a bit...

getting more excited ;o)

-Don

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

David is back an has started getting her back together!

Mag is there, waiting on the custom harness. While waiting, David has the oil cooler relocation bracket/setup ready:

http://accelerationtech.com/photos/mooney/2652w/updates/IMG_4793.jpg

http://accelerationtech.com/photos/mooney/2652w/updates/IMG_4794.jpg

Will post as more gets accomplished...

-Don

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, hammdo said:

Muffer done!

Dawley did the OH for me since the flame tubes were getting to a point where I would need to do that -- so I asked David to just get it done...

-Don

That looks awesome!   How much is new and how much left over from the old one?   It looks like all new.