G1000 Ovation 2 Dimmer assembly potentiometers

Timbot

Hello fellow Mooniacs,

Does anyone know the PN/manufacturer of the potentiometers used in the G1000 Ovation dimmer assembly? (for the glareshield/panel lights)

The IPC only lists the entire assembly: P/N 820299-503 (Dimmer, light control)

Thanks

Tim

Why do you think it is the pot and not the transistor?

You could probably just measure it with a meter. Usually the wiper goes bad but you can measure across the outside terminals to find the value.

Or take it apart and read the printing on the part. Any pot with a similar value would work.

Thanks Larry,

The LM338K voltage regs have been changed on the dimmer power supply box in the aft compartment and the problem persists. Our A&P now says it's the pot, but was hoping to get the P/N prior to disassembling anything.

Edited by Timbot

I am still looking at the electrical schematics, all I see is the entire assembly which is a Mooney part. I will look through the schematics more but I suspect you may have to disassemble and find the part number on it. Here is what the maintenance manual says:

"GARMIN G1000 (S/N 29-0334 THRU 29-TBA) Dimmer controls for instrument, radio and glareshield lights consists of two rheostat switches located on low- er right portion of instrument panel. Rotate either switch to obtain desired light intensity. Test malfunction of ei- ther switch with a multi-meter; replace as needed."