How to Lose Your License

13 minutes ago, carusoam said:

Cognitive challenge?  CO poison?  

Nothing normal about busting a Bravo...

-a-

Saw the vid earlier today.   He doesn't sound very impaired, and he was given multiple chances to correct the issue before she notified him of the possible deviation, at which time he gave her even more attitude.   Probably has some remedial training in his future, I'd guess.  Must've been having a bad day or something.  ;)

Educational and entertaining.  ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EricJ said:

Probably has some remedial training in his future, I'd guess. 

Guess?... Guaranteed

Kinda looks like hes a smart ass all around 

from the FAA reg. info:

Registrant Name WIFE APPROVED LLC      Street 21702 EVALYN AVE
Registrant City TORRANCE      Registrant State

CA

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If I were the FAA, this pilot would have his license revoked and, if a fine is possible, fined to the max.  His anti-authority attitude makes it even worse.  Looking at his position in the Airspace, he endangered other people.  The Controller  should be commended for keeping her cool as well as she did.  You are not entitled to enter Class Bravo Airspace.  In fact, most times when asking for a clearance into a Bravo, it is denied for small planes.  Even on an IFR flight plan, as a small GA airplane, I am vectored around it in the Bay Area. This pilot is a disgrace to the GA pilot community, and the Henderson Controller should be ashamed of himself for apologizing to him.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

If I were the FAA, this pilot would have his license revoked and, if a fine is possible, fined to the max.  His anti-authority attitude makes it even worse.  Looking at his position in the Airspace, he endangered other people.  The Controller  should be commended for keeping her cool as well as she did.  You are not entitled to enter Class Bravo Airspace.  In fact, most times when asking for a clearance into a Bravo, it is denied for small planes.  Even on an IFR flight plan, as a small GA airplane, I am vectored around it in the Bay Area. This pilot is a disgrace to the GA pilot community, and the Henderson Controller should be ashamed of himself for apologizing to him.

One problem, a person like him might still fly even if his license is revoked. I think they should repo his airplane.
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, EricJ said:

he was given multiple chances to correct the issue before she notified him of the possible deviation, at which time he gave her even more attitude.

Yes he would never get that many chances elsewhere or in a professional flying life (not sure about his "personal reasons" but it would have been more easier for him & ATC and everybody to squawk 7600 and fly through the Bravo radio off than voicing his anger to a calm ATC, not all ATC are that trained to deal with that and some do have their bad days as well)

Edited by Ibra
  • Like 1

Yes, wow!  But look over at Flightaware.  This airplane and presumably pilot are frequent flyers, longer trips from the same area, appears to be an experienced pilot.  No excuses for the behavior, but what else is going on that we can't see.  We always should be aware of our surroundings, something set him off and we should always be ready to steer clear of someone having an episode. Hopefully the FAA will take action and remove him from our airspace.

12 hours ago, EricJ said:

Saw the vid earlier today.   He doesn't sound very impaired, and he was given multiple chances to correct the issue before she notified him of the possible deviation, at which time he gave her even more attitude.   Probably has some remedial training in his future, I'd guess.  Must've been having a bad day or something.  ;)

Educational and entertaining.  ;)

I can think of a couple other choice words or phrases, but @donkaye summarized perfectly already.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, donkaye said:

and the Henderson Controller should be ashamed of himself for apologizing to him.

You don’t know what the offender told the tower guy, but I expect it does not track with this offender’s interaction with approach.  
-dan

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, exM20K said:

You don’t know what the offender told the tower guy, but I expect it does not track with this offender’s interaction with approach.  
-dan

I agree - I am not ready to fault the local ground controller simply for being polite and responsive to whatever he was told by the pilot without knowing what the pilot said to him.  I could see myself being polite like that if a person told me of being mistreated by another person in my chain of interactions organization, but then even if I am doubting them and planning on back-checking the story.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, GLJA said:

So, why is the Ground apologizing to him on the phone at the end? That's the part I can't comprehend? 

I think it was on the radio?  Remember, at that stage the ground controller had not heard the interaction with approach control so all he had was the pilot's description.  I could totally see myself being polite in response even if I planned to back check the story, which I bet he did at this point.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Hank said:

So who can forward this wonderful video to the SoCal FSDO and get the ball rolling?????

Oh, they already know about it. If the controller gives you a number to call, they are filing a report on the incident. The FSDO will give that knucklehead a call in the next couple of weeks.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, FloridaMan said:

HE WAS UNDER THE BRAVO THE ENTIRE TIME!

It doesn't matter.  He was rude and explicitly refusing orders from atc and it seems as if he and the controller were unaware if he was below the bravo shelf.  I am no aviation lawyer but I would guess that this guy can loose his license whether or not he was actually in the bravo but rather below the bravo.  You won't hear me acting like that, and especially in, near or under a bravo shelf.

Edited by aviatoreb