Any actual experience with EMAPA / Blue Sky Aviation in San Marcos, TX?

InJuRo

Hi,

does anybody have any actual experience with EMAPA / Blue Sky Aviation in San Marcos, TX? In Januar 2019 we purchased to Monroy Long Range Tanks for a M20E and a M20K. We payed a few thousand dollars. We were told that the owner of the STC was sick or had a stroke so there will be a delay. The delay now lasts for about 1 1/2 years. I called there multiple times but reached only the answering machine. The last mail contact was in January 2020. We offered to come over - thx to Covid 19 this is an issue actually as we are from Europe - but no replies.

Does anybody have experience if they are still in business and if we need to expect to take legal issues to get our money bag? I'd gladly wait for the Monroy's if there is a delay due to health or other reasons but at least a regular status update would be appropriate due to the money that was already payed. Alternatively at least the money should be refunded.

If anybody has some information he does not want to share in a public forum, I'd be happy to receive an pm.

Thx

The Guy from Blue Sky was slammed by an owner here on the forum awhile back. Then the Blue Sky guy slammed a respected shop here on the forum. Jose Monroy was active on this forum until recently I take it. You might try the search function on the site as well as Googling for blue sky aviation. 
I’m sorry I can’t be more helpful than that. This is just what I’ve read on MS directly. Based on what I’ve read, I would try and stay away from BSA. However,  I’m sure there is a third side to any story. 

-Matt 

11 minutes ago, InJuRo said:

Hi,

does anybody have any actual experience with EMAPA / Blue Sky Aviation in San Marcos, TX? In Januar 2019 we purchased to Monroy Long Range Tanks for a M20E and a M20K. We payed a few thousand dollars. We were told that the owner of the STC was sick or had a stroke so there will be a delay. The delay now lasts for about 1 1/2 years. I called there multiple times but reached only the answering machine. The last mail contact was in January 2020. We offered to come over - thx to Covid 19 this is an issue actually as we are from Europe - but no replies.

Does anybody have experience if they are still in business and if we need to expect to take legal issues to get our money bag? I'd gladly wait for the Monroy's if there is a delay due to health or other reasons but at least a regular status update would be appropriate due to the money that was already payed. Alternatively at least the money should be refunded.

If anybody has some information he does not want to share in a public forum, I'd be happy to receive an pm.

Thx

Don't know about BSA but the STC holder was out sick for some time but is around here and goes by @Gagarin .

18 hours ago, InJuRo said:

Hi,

Thx

This is the owner of Blue Sky Aviation:  @Shaune (Shaune Maycock) 

• 9 months later...

Sorry, to bring this topic back up. But again there is absolutely no reply so far, neither from Jose (contacted him by mail and by PN) nor from EMAPA / Blue Sky Aviation. Does anybody have some recent experience or contact with one of them? About two years ago, we had payed a little bit more then 8.000 $ so it is a real issue that there is absolutely no communication anymore. Now I got some Mail-Errors, when replying to some of the older mails ("Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 554 5.4.7 [internal] exceeded max time without delivery").

I am seriously thinking about legal consequences but also do not want to case an unnecessary mess. Thx in advance for any help with this issue.

Ingo

If the shop can’t provide the parts or service for what ever reason, your money should be refunded promptly.  Time to see a lawyer, sadly.

Shops like this give us all a bad reputation.

Clarence

20 hours ago, InJuRo said:

Sorry, to bring this topic back up. But again there is absolutely no reply so far, neither from Jose (contacted him by mail and by PN) nor from EMAPA / Blue Sky Aviation. Does anybody have some recent experience or contact with one of them? About two years ago, we had payed a little bit more then 8.000 $ so it is a real issue that there is absolutely no communication anymore. Now I got some Mail-Errors, when replying to some of the older mails ("Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 554 5.4.7 [internal] exceeded max time without delivery").

I am seriously thinking about legal consequences but also do not want to case an unnecessary mess. Thx in advance for any help with this issue.

Ingo

See if this helps guide you..?

https://mooneyspace.com/profile/19520-shaune/

2 hours ago, carusoam said:

See if this helps guide you..?

https://mooneyspace.com/profile/19520-shaune/

I tried in december, but no reply either. Mailbox says, that it the mail was not even "read". Has somebody ordered sth recently with EMAPA? Website seems to be still online and I got the impression that it was partly renewed. But as there is no reply I wonder if maybe they are out of business?

Can anyone remember Jose’s handle this week?  Is Blue Star still solvent?  It sounds like this gentleman paid in good faith for a product that he did not receive. IMO someone needs to step up for this guy and hold some people responsible.  

2 hours ago, MIm20c said:

Can anyone remember Jose’s handle this week?  Is Blue Star still solvent?  It sounds like this gentleman paid in good faith for a product that he did not receive. IMO someone needs to step up for this guy and hold some people responsible.  

Jose has had two handles ever.

@Gagarin @Piloto He holds the STC and manufactures the kit for LR tanks. I've had dealings personally with Jose. He is completely honest and trustwoirthy.

It's the guy in San Marcos @Shaune, who was paid, that's responsible. It sounds like he took the money and ran.

26 minutes ago, LANCECASPER said:

Jose has had two handles ever.

@Gagarin @Piloto He holds the STC and manufactures the kit for LR tanks. I've had dealings personally with Jose. He is completely honest and trustwoirthy.

It's the guy in San Marcos @Shaune, who was paid, that's responsible. It sounds like he took the money and ran.

I thought there was a recent one after @gagarin...my mistake. *IF* Jose was contacted by the purchaser in two different ways and Jose forced sales of his stc to be funneled through Blue Skies I feel that he has partial responsibility to see things through. We are talking TWO years here...

But yes I fully agree that the burden lies on Blue Sky any and all legal (suggested above, not my preference) should be trained solely on them. 

26 minutes ago, LANCECASPER said:

I think so also. There was no contact to José before the order.

I had contacted @Gagarin after the purchase hoping for some more information (e.g. if @Shaune ordered with him, as I was always told, that the order was placed but José could not yet deliver). Did not get a reply from José so far, but still I agree, that the guy who got my payment, ist responsible.  Before ordering I did not have contact with José. I dealt with EMAPA and it should be admitted that firstly they only wanted to install the kit but finally (I think with some extra "handling" fee) we agreed, that the kit will be sent to Europe finally. But this was two years ago.

I'd be interested to know, If the order was really forwarded to José and - what is not problem - we'd be still in "his" waiting cue due to his sickness. This was what I was hoping to get to know from @Gagarin. If the order was not placed with him yet, this would cause a serious concern. If the ordere was placed but @Gagarin could not yet finish the STC due to health issues, it would still not be nice but I'd be finde with this. Nevertheless, then it should somehow be clarified that in case @Gagarin was already payed by @Shaune in case the STC may never be finished, it is secured, that we get the payment back from whoever finally got which amount.

All this is even stranger, as I was in San Marcos about three years ago, when we visited the Mooney-Factory in Kerrville and stayed in Austin an San Antonio. So for me this was more or less a reason to "trust". Been there, seen it, looked like a good general concept (EMAPA).

• Like 1