Central Florida Avionics

11 hours ago, carusoam said:

Jim,

What kind of work are you looking to get done?

Full Dynon panel, Garmin G3X, or troubleshooting what you have?

Best regards,

-a-

I have it taken care of....my friend who is a master electrician, A&P will fix the stuff wrong with my plane since a major avionics installation 2 years ago...plus he will fix 2 items that have not been working correctly on my plane since it got out of a $10,000 annual almost 2 months ago

Expensive convenient mx does not mean quality work.....

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2020 at 10:55 AM, Jim Peace said:

Can anyone recommend a good shop in east central Florida for avionics or electrical work that is not in Daytona !!

Jim

Did you have a less than optimum experience with an avionics shop in Daytona? If so care to say which one, and what happened?

2 hours ago, Mark605 said:

Did you have a less than optimum experience with an avionics shop in Daytona? If so care to say which one, and what happened?

dont want to share anything yet as it is still to recent and I have been on the road for weeks...I understand there is a refund check waiting for me at home I want to cash first....

I may not bring this up again.....Things got out of control one day with me and I let loose on them, stuff I wanted to say for a while....they gave me a very embarrassing day in front of a friend and also messed up two basic service requests they had weeks to rectify but chose not to.....one would have been super deadly.....I got lucky and lived to fly another day.....

The immediate change in my policy is that my plane will not be cowled up after a mx event until I preflight the engine compartment myself.  Am I an A&P?,,,no but I would have found the issue I had because I always look for what is obviously wrong.....and it was a big no no...

As far as avionics issue, more like an electrical issue I have changed out my battery master and the battery relay will be done next week.

I would like to know if there is something else between the relay and the buss bar and if the buss bar itself could be changed.....my drawings are at home and I am across the pond...my issue was and still may be that when the master is turned on, nothing happened....just a cold airplane with no relay sounds etc....it may have been the master but I am going to change everything....I have an open checkbook policy

my landing gear was fixed with a quick call to LASAR and a master A&P doing the work....

My shunt broke a while ago into two pieces.

This gave me on one of the break in flights for my overhauled engine all kinds of error messages on my EDM930. Including EGT and CHT signal failures and for sure a very high amps reading which finally changed to a red X.  I did not continue this flight to the destination and did a precautionary landing.

Reason for the problem was that the shunt screws had been improper installed. I bought a new shunt. It was installed properly and all readings are back in the green.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jim Peace said:

my issue was and still may be that when the master is turned on, nothing happened....just a cold airplane with no relay sounds etc....it may have been the master but I am going to change everything....I have an open checkbook policy

It may not be good to change everything until you identify what's wrong. You can't trace your steps backwards if you get done and it still doesn't work.

I have an "if it's not broke don't fix it" policy since sometimes when I thought I was doing a good thing I got a new part out of the box that was defective and it took a lot of work to figure that out.

40 minutes ago, LANCECASPER said:

It may not be good to change everything until you identify what's wrong. You can't trace your steps backwards if you get done and it still doesn't work.

I have an "if it's not broke don't fix it" policy since sometimes when I thought I was doing a good thing I got a new part out of the box that was defective and it took a lot of work to figure that out.

yes I get it...the infant mortality stuff etc etc....just trying to do everything I can for close to 100% dispatch reliability.....

I am already wondering about changing the battery relay...I read about so many failures in new ones...the reviews are awful...I will carry around my old one just in case

Why cant the USA produce a battery relay that works for a long time.

22 hours ago, Jim Peace said:

Why cant the USA produce a battery relay that works for a long time.

They can, the Cutler Hammers that were original generally last decades and thousands of hours.  Problem is, they cost $400 or more.