Mooney Owners In Phoenix?

Chris B

For some strange reason I am just now discovering the Mooney (have only been flying Cessnas...I know..lol).

I am hoping to purchase a plane with in the next year. At this point I have been thinking a 182 but as I learn more about the old M20C and M20F or J, I am thinking that might be a better fit.

Anyway, are there any Mooney owners in the Phoenix area, preferably the east valley, that wouldn't mind meeting and talking to me about their experiences with their Mooney?

Thanks

• Like 1

A friend of mine has a 231 at CHD. He would probably be willing to meet up with you. If he doesn't have time I can probably show you around the airplane. I'm on his insurance as a CFI and used to own that 231.

I am not familiar with a 231 (just discovered these planes a few weeks ago).  In either case I would love to meet up with either you or your friend.  I am right down the road from CHD and can pretty much make any day and time work.

I will message you my contact info.

Thanks

• Like 1

Posting here is exactly how I ended up with one myself. @Parker_Woodruff took me up in his 252. He's also the person to talk to about insurance. See my thread here about financing if you need it. Interest rates are in the low 4s for something the price of an m20j and you finance for 20 years so it is feasible for your outlay on an M20J to be about what it would to finance a car. Make sure to inspect under the rear seat for spar corrosion when you have the prepurchase inspection performed. 

• Like 1

This is pretty much the worst thing that can be missed on a prepurchase inspection. Most airplanes are fine; I've heard this is fewer than 1 in 100, but you don't want to be the one to win this lottery. It can cost more than an engine, but even having to replace an engine yields an airplane with a new engine. This just yields one with a major repair in its history.  

On 6/18/2020 at 9:27 PM, Chris B said:

Anyway, are there any Mooney owners in the Phoenix area

Hi Chris and welcome aboard. We have a map of members around the world and you can use it to find members living near you. To get access to the map and to be listed on it, you'll need to add your location to your profile. Some list an airport locator and some list a city. Either will work. Get that done, send me a PM that you have. And I'll get you access to the map.

There are a bunch of us here in the Phx area, but things are a little crazy here right now for me.   I have a J that I keep at Deer Valley that is grounded at the moment until I can get the prop governor back in.

Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions.

Thanks for the offer to chat, I will definitely PM you.

Its funny you mention being at DVT.  I was just out there this morning where Brice (don't know his handle on here) was kind enough to show me around his super clean M20C.  It was the first one I have seen up close and it made a great first impression. 

• Like 1

if i would have know there were so many of you guys at DVT i would have planned to spend the day out there and meet everyone...lol.  i am hoping to meet some guys with either a F or a J in the east valley.  

Edited by Chris B
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Chris B said:

Thanks for the offer to chat, I will definitely PM you.

Its funny you mention being at DVT.  I was just out there this morning where Brice (don't know his handle on here) was kind enough to show me around his super clean M20C.  It was the first one I have seen up close and it made a great first impression. 

Lol...I probably didn't miss you by much.   I was up there this am and stopped by Brice's hangar on my way out.

Chris B,

If you get the chance to talk Mooneys with Cowboy... bring a good note book, be ready to write! :)

Some people know a lot about Mooneys... there are certain people that know even more....

And Cowboy gave you the invite!

Best regards,

-a-

Thanks for the offer Cowboy, I will contact you as well.  I'm way out in the east valley and want to get back out to DVT to meet both you and Matt here soon.  With any luck the stars will be in alignment and I can meet both of you guys in one trip.

• Like 1