M20J Service Manual

Jer

It is not too costly to have the local print shop make you one.  The manual is available online. Take the file on a USB stick to your local print shop.  I got mine printed, punched, and put in a binder for around $100.  There are a lot of pages.  You can select the electrical drawings that are for your serial number and have them printed out in a large size too.

• Like 1

Some places to start...

1) Check the download section... there might be one there...

2) Check with your local MSC... they often hand out the electronic files...

3) Check with Mooney... they want Mooney owners to have the data...

Look for parts manual, maintenance manual, and the right POH....

There is always going to be a cost for this... but it is worth it....

Best regards,

-a-

• 1 month later...

To my friends Moosebreath and Carusoam, please let me apologize for not saying thanks for your advice earlier.  Thank you.  I got some other advice to try and find a manual on ebay.  I did so, only to realize it did not cover my s/n.  I was more careful second time around, and snagged a complete manual for my s/n.  The suggestion to have one printed is well taken, but where do I find the files?  There was nothing regarding service manuals in the downloads section of this website.  The correct service manual that I did buy (seems unused) has all the electrical schematics, but the one for my s/n is really a poor print.  I have the drawing number and rev, does anyone know where I can get a specific drawing number?

If anyone needs my incorrect manual (only covers up to 1984 models), I would be happy to send it to them.  Before asking, please don't make my mistake and fail to read the affected serial numbers carefully.  Please zoom in on attached photo.

IMG_0721.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jer said:

To my friends Moosebreath and Carusoam, please let me apologize for not saying thanks for your advice earlier.  Thank you.  I got some other advice to try and find a manual on ebay.  I did so, only to realize it did not cover my s/n.  I was more careful second time around, and snagged a complete manual for my s/n.  The suggestion to have one printed is well taken, but where do I find the files?  There was nothing regarding service manuals in the downloads section of this website.  The correct service manual that I did buy (seems unused) has all the electrical schematics, but the one for my s/n is really a poor print.  I have the drawing number and rev, does anyone know where I can get a specific drawing number?

If anyone needs my incorrect manual (only covers up to 1984 models), I would be happy to send it to them.  Before asking, please don't make my mistake and fail to read the affected serial numbers carefully.  Please zoom in on attached photo.

IMG_0721.JPG

PM Sent.  Thanks for consideration Jer.

Scott

Jer,

You are going to find that MS is a community support group...

Supported by people in there spare time, at their leisure...

So...

To find all the things you are looking for... if they exist around here... requires search skills...

In that case... it helps to know what you are searching for...

There are often resources available through the Mooney factory... when their website is running...

For a while... you could actually purchase these documents directly through Mooney...

Mooney put much effort into making all their docs available digitally...

You might go on an expedition and call the factory to see if anyone answers the phone....

Or follow the protocol of calling your local MSC, where they will technically relay your request....

If you don’t have a local MSC... find Lasar... Dan is the representative to the world for all things Mooney parts related...

These manuals are essentially Mooney parts...  Just easier to email.

:)
Best regards,

-a-

5 hours ago, carusoam said:

Jer,

You are going to find that MS is a community support group...

Supported by people in there spare time, at their leisure...

So...

To find all the things you are looking for... if they exist around here... requires search skills...

In that case... it helps to know what you are searching for...

There are often resources available through the Mooney factory... when their website is running...

For a while... you could actually purchase these documents directly through Mooney...

Mooney put much effort into making all their docs available digitally...

You might go on an expedition and call the factory to see if anyone answers the phone....

Or follow the protocol of calling your local MSC, where they will technically relay your request....

If you don’t have a local MSC... find Lasar... Dan is the representative to the world for all things Mooney parts related...

These manuals are essentially Mooney parts...  Just easier to email.

:)
Best regards,

-a-

He had stated that he HAD found and purchased the “right” manual that covered his ‘84.  He was offering to “help someone out” with the incorrect manual he purchased on Ebay” I believe...

• Like 1

I needed a manual and a Mooneyspace member (I won’t volunteer him) helped me out along with his wonder wife.  I now have an e-mail version of my Service AND Parts manual which will come in very handy no doubt.  The knowledge and kindness of Mooneyspace members is a reaffirmation that good will is out there for those in need.

I am grateful to have the resource...

• Like 1

The factory hasn't been formally revising the manuals for out of production aircraft for years. As Steve Rue explained it to me a while back, to avoid a formal revision which involves the FAA, they have been collecting changes in comments embedded in the pdf files of the last released version. If you print out a copy, be sure you update it with all the changes embedded in the electronic files. Fortunately, there aren't that many, but there are some. 

Skip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1