Can it wait till annual?

On my phone, but it looks like the "Rat Socks" is where the paint is being rubbed off. Putting off maintinace till annual only adds to the cost, personally I try and take care of things as they come up. If it is the rat socks it could be deferred depending on how far out your annual is, check with your A&P/IA seeing how he/she is the one your really want to keep happy

29 minutes ago, RLCarter said:

On my phone, but it looks like the "Rat Socks" is where the paint is being rubbed off. Putting off maintinace till annual only adds to the cost, personally I try and take care of things as they come up. If it is the rat socks it could be deferred depending on how far out your annual is, check with your A&P/IA seeing how he/she is the one your really want to keep happy

I wish I could, I'm on a near 0 Mooney MX field and due to COVID I'm not allowed to go or fly >100SM at this time. Bummer for Mooney operations for sure.  Hey @AGL Aviation, I guess I'll start a Squawk list. 

1 hour ago, J0nathan225 said:

. . .  due to COVID I'm not allowed to go or fly >100SM at this time.

I've not heard that up here, ~40 Mooney minutes to your north. Is it an Army thing? I will likely visit either my own or her parents in NC this weekend, 2 to 2-1/2 hours' flight away (depending on mountains or Ft. Bragg).

Edited by Hank

1 hour ago, J0nathan225 said:

I wish I could, I'm on a near 0 Mooney MX field and due to COVID I'm not allowed to go or fly >100SM at this time. Bummer for Mooney operations for sure.  Hey @AGL Aviation, I guess I'll start a Squawk list. 

COVID has surely screwed things up, but haven't heard of any travel restrictions, most have been lifted from what I've seen. Wasn't there a Mooney guy at Blackwell or Enterprise?

12 hours ago, J0nathan225 said:

Yup Army, Ft Rucker thing atleast.

Yesterday we flew to SEM and saw a several Navy guys with their T-6 Texan II's parked out front, loitering round the FBO with no PPE.   It doesn't seem to be a Navy thing. :mellow:

19 minutes ago, 0TreeLemur said:

Yesterday we flew to SEM and saw a several Navy guys with their T-6 Texan II's parked out front, loitering round the FBO with no PPE.   It doesn't seem to be a Navy thing. :mellow:

I am sure you can find Army pilots with Army aircraft over 100 miles from Fort Rucker also. Typical military thinking is you can't do this on your own, but we can have you do it. In fact, unless something has changed, if you are at Fort Rucker for helicopter flight training you are not allowed to do any airplane flight training on the side during your free time.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, MilitaryAV8R said:

I am sure you can find Army pilots with Army aircraft over 100 miles from Fort Rucker also. Typical military thinking is you can't do this on your own, but we can have you do it. In fact, unless something has changed, if you are at Fort Rucker for helicopter flight training you are not allowed to do any airplane flight training on the side during your free time.

That isn't a thing to my knowledge, anymore at least. I fly a desk though. 

On 6/16/2020 at 2:34 PM, larryb said:

My niece in the coast guard is also prohibited from traveling more than 100 miles from base due to COVID.

Where is your niece stationed?  My niece flies helicopters for the USCG at Corpus Christi, Texas.