O2 connector type for M20K 252

shawnd

Searched the forums prior to asking.

Folks here have reported that M20K have Scott style O2 connectors. Is this the norm among all M20K including 252s? Surprisingly, my AFM supplement doesn't mention the type of connector.

I have asked my shop for a pic so when it comes in, I will post here. 

Trying to decide which one of these it is so I can buy 4 of the right kind: https://www.preciseflight.com/general-aviation/shop/kit/all-one-connector-kit/

20 minutes ago, carusoam said:

Be sure to know what you have... they are close enough to feel right and look right... and then come apart while you are not looking....

It really helps to know what the PO was buying...

Best regards,

-a-

Any ideas where I can lookup what type of connectors they are? AFM wasn't helpful (surprisingly) and no receipts nor logbook entries indicating connector type. From the kit picture - it seems like they are of different enough widths that they would be easy to distinguish between them. And the CPC and Scott connector shapes are unique.

@shawnd Mooney uses Scott connectors on all their built in systems as others have said here. Exceptions would be if you used an aftermarket system, but the only one I know of (Precise Flight) also uses a Scott connector.

Attached is a snip from the M20K service manual referencing 'Scott connector'.

I've also attached a photo of the port and connector for the common types. Personally, I think the CPC and Scott look very different.

Are you needing replacement ports or are you trying to plug a canula/mask into the system?

M20k SMM.png

BNC-SET001.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There are two common types around MS...

Somewhere around here somebody posted pics of the parts side by side...

Small changes in diameter and length of the insert piece...

Somebody had bought both brands to prove to himself which one he definitely had...

PP fuzzy memories only... wish I could find the thread...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

Sweet - thanks @smwash02. That makes me more confident about the Scott connectors. I do not believe the system was replaced with an aftermarket one. I am just trying to replace the missing cannulas/masks and use it for the ferry flight to Seattle.

3 minutes ago, carusoam said:

There are two common types around MS...

Somewhere around here somebody posted pics of the parts side by side...

Small changes in diameter and length of the insert piece...

Somebody had bought both brands to prove to himself which one he definitely had...

PP fuzzy memories only... wish I could find the thread...

Best regards,

-a-

I think I found what you are referring to:

• Like 1

Just now, gsxrpilot said:

You can double check all you like. But in the end all Mooneys with built in O2 use Scott connectors. 

Just to make sure the previous owners didn't replace it with some weird aftermarket one :)

On 6/14/2020 at 5:54 PM, shawnd said:

Searched the forums prior to asking.

Folks here have reported that M20K have Scott style O2 connectors. Is this the norm among all M20K including 252s? Surprisingly, my AFM supplement doesn't mention the type of connector.

I have asked my shop for a pic so when it comes in, I will post here. 

Trying to decide which one of these it is so I can buy 4 of the right kind: https://www.preciseflight.com/general-aviation/shop/kit/all-one-connector-kit/

You want the Scott connector. I had two separate problems in my Acclaim oxygen delivery.

1- I visited Precise Flight in Oregon. I took perhaps 20 green Scott connectors and found several that worked without a leak. I'm not not sure why some of the connectors leaked. The folks at Precise Flight felt it was a combination of manufacturing variances between both the connector and valve outlet-one a little small, the other a little big. I was about to replace the valve in the plane (not a small task) until I tried different Scott connectors. Of note, after talking with far too many people about this leak issue, I could find no one who had experienced complete failure of a valve requiring replacement. Not that it cant happen...it's just extremely rare.

2- I used hospital O2 tubing as part of the nasal cannula.  Most hospital O2 tubing has raised internal "ribs" inside the tubing (I suppose to keep it from kinking). This internal raised area allows O2 to leak around any connection points. specifically at the Scott connector.

• Thanks 1