Is This What I Think It Is ?

Just now, carusoam said:

The Max is out flying today with a cabin full of Boeing and FAA people and data flowing...

In the plan, was revisions to the MCAS software...

Best regards,

-a-

Now that right there is a real confidence builder....... :)

• Like 1

Theory proposed by a retired Boeing engineer friend of mine over "pilots breakfast" this AM.

We have stealth technology, we have thermal technology, etc. to hide aircraft flight........what's left that can be detected?  Airflow footprint!

My friend theorized this 737 is being used to test such technology......................hiding an aircraft's airflow footprint! 

N712JM previously owned by Denmar Technical Services [advance radar technology systems] from April 2019-April 2020.  Denmar awarded Federal aircraft defense engineering contract April 2019.

Why does the USAF now own the plane? 

Looking for enlightenment and thoughts................what say you ?  Inquiring minds want to know....................

N712JM.jpg

38 minutes ago, N201MKTurbo said:

You keep showing the track across the ground. The real interesting thing is the altitude plot. It keeps climbing to 10000 ft and diving to 2000 ft, over and over again.

With substantial speed changes too ! 

22F9F588-4CEC-428A-A5F5-155AAC947113.png

45 minutes ago, Jerry 5TJ said:

The FlightAware site only tracks mode 3 replies.  Perhaps the aircraft switched to a military-only mode, if not off.  

I thought Flight Aware got their data from the government and thousands of people with Raspberry Pi receivers scattered all over the world. 

The Raspberry Pi guys need to up their game. 

That being said, if they are not broadcasting their position somehow, you can’t track it without radar. The people with the radar control the data. 

I thought the ADS-B rules said you have to leave it on?

1 hour ago, N201MKTurbo said:

I thought Flight Aware got their data from the government and thousands of people with Raspberry Pi receivers scattered all over the world. 

The Raspberry Pi guys need to up their game. 

That being said, if they are not broadcasting their position somehow, you can’t track it without radar. The people with the radar control the data. 

I thought the ADS-B rules said you have to leave it on?

Yes, there are over 28,000 volunteers with receiver sites contributing to the FlightAware data.  FA Site Stats

Most sites use an inexpensive software defined radio (SDR) and many do use the Raspberry Pi processors.   They receive Mode 3 replies on 1090 MHz and some of us also have UAT receivers tuned to 978.  

If an aircraft is not transmitting mode 3 on 1090 or UAT 978 replies no FlightAware volunteer site will hear it.  So a military aircraft that is (say) only squawking mode 5 won’t be seen on the public network.   

Yes, those of us operating Part 91 must conform to 91.215 and 91.225. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jerry 5TJ said:

Yes, there are over 28,000 volunteers with receiver sites contributing to the FlightAware data.  FA Site Stats

Most sites use an inexpensive software defined radio (SDR) and many do use the Raspberry Pi processors.   They receive Mode 3 replies on 1090 MHz and some of us also have UAT receivers tuned to 978.  

If an aircraft is not transmitting mode 3 on 1090 or UAT 978 replies no FlightAware volunteer site will hear it.  So a military aircraft that is (say) only squawking mode 5 won’t be seen on the public network.   

Yes, those of us operating Part 91 must conform to 91.215 and 91.225. 

So, what Part is this civilian registered aircraft operating under?

It looks like you are one of the volunteers.

Ah ha!  N712JM has been going to our local west coast rocket launch facility, VBG !  Interesting as civilian aircraft are prohibited from landing on the space shuttle extended 3 mile long runway......

Also, N712JM has returned to home base (Colorado Springs) this morning....... such fun this mystery is ! :ph34r:

BDE743BE-7973-40C8-AE2A-466609850C16.png