Burned out bulb

During my approach today, I noticed that the gear down annunciator dis not come on.  I checked the floor primary indicator and it showed down so I suspected a bulb issue.  I pushed the push to test on the annunciator panel and all lights, except the gear down light came on, including the gear unsafe so I figured it was the bulb and landed uneventfully.  Does anyone know if it is an easy fix to replace the bulb?

52F5A8E1-0F03-45E9-81E4-F0F98F6CA317.jpeg

Yes, the bulbs are easily replaced after the annunciator is removed and opened up.
Be really careful of the connector on its rear. It can go on backwards or ups side down easily. An avionics tech once installed mine backwards and it’s fried about 8 diodes and more.
The bulbs can be ordered from places like Mouser, Digi-key, Newark etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Eli, believe you need the below.  I just replaced all 16 of mine prior to annual a few weeks ago when I re-worked the annunciation panel template.  Some of the plastic bases were getting brittle and were starting to show cracks, so just decided to replace them all.  At this price, it was an easy, proactive decision.  They should simply push into the board...nothing to solder.

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/elpages/aml11-12419.php

Steve

• Thanks 1

Since it seems your problem may be solved perhaps I will hijack you're thread since it's a similar topic. My gear down bulb is dimmer than the rest. Came back from the avionics shop that way after my upgrade. Bulb is the right part number so it's not a 28v bulb by accident.  Any ideas?

11 minutes ago, khedrei said:

Since it seems your problem may be solved perhaps I will hijack you're thread since it's a similar topic. My gear down bulb is dimmer than the rest. Came back from the avionics shop that way after my upgrade. Bulb is the right part number so it's not a 28v bulb by accident.  Any ideas?

There are a couple types of gear down green lights in use...

1) 12V Mooneys used to get a 24V bulb for that...  For the floor display...

It was a great way of getting a dim bulb that would last a long time...  so... the right part number included 24v on the end...

2) The annunciator panel is attached to the nav lights switch... if you turn the nav lights on... the green gear down light is so dim, it is hardly noticeable in daylight...

If you have strobe lights... leaving the nav lights on doesn’t buy you any more visibility... (somebody at Mooney decided that for you)

3) If you just changed from regular bulbs to LED type bulbs... this may be causing a bunch of dimming type issues...

PP thoughts only, not a mechanic...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

Just now, khedrei said:

It's the annunciator light. It is dimmer than the rest of the bulbs in the annuciator panel regardless of the nav lights being on or off. I hot the test button and they all light up but that one is clearly dimmer than the rest. 

Does the annunciator GD light still dim when the Nav lights are on and appear brighter when nav lights are off? Or only 1 brightness level?

With the nav lights off it actually doesnt dim anymore at all. None of the bulbs do. Maybe he messed something up. I have to try it with the nav lights on and I will let you know. Is that the only time it should dim? Mine has a dim button. I dont think its wired to the dimmer knob.