Looking to install a GNX375 in my 201

nels

I’d like to install a German GNX375 in my 201 and looking for a shop that is competent, reliable and can do the job for $10k. Need it integrated to the autopilot and and existing heading indicator. Looking for a shop within reasonable flying distance from Cincinnati. Panel is pretty clean with few upgrades or mods in its life so not a rat nest of wiring behind the panel. Any suggestions?

5 minutes ago, nels said:

I’d like to install a German GNX375 in my 201 and looking for a shop that is competent, reliable and can do the job for $10k. Need it integrated to the autopilot and and existing heading indicator. Looking for a shop within reasonable flying distance from Cincinnati. Panel is pretty clean with few upgrades or mods in its life so not a rat nest of wiring behind the panel. Any suggestions?

I'd plan for in-between 10 and 12k. Under 10K might be a stretch. I personally love the unit.

3 minutes ago, Niko182 said:

I'd plan for in-between 10 and 12k. Under 10K might be a stretch. I personally love the unit.

@nels Our shop falls within the range Niko provided. We are not below 10K.  KMQS airport in SE Pennsylvania.  Don’t know if that qualifies as reasonable flying distance from Cincinnati.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2020 at 10:14 PM, Rmag said:

@nels Our shop falls within the range Niko provided. We are not below 10K.  KMQS airport in SE Pennsylvania.  Don’t know if that qualifies as reasonable flying distance from Cincinnati.

Rmag, You are probably too far. I’d get there quick in the plane but a long hike home and back. Radius of about 200 miles from Cincinnati would work.

A shop near by wants to talk me into a Garmin 275 in conjunction with another separate Adsb in/out. I think an Appareo. He says I can save money and have the equivalent of the 375. Anyone familiar enough with all three to comment. He is supposed to be sending a quote.

3 hours ago, nels said:

Rmag, You are probably too far. I’d get there quick in the plane but a long hike home and back. Radius of about 200 miles from Cincinnati would work.

A shop near by wants to talk me into a Garmin 275 in conjunction with another separate Adsb in/out. I think an Appareo. He says I can save money and have the equivalent of the 375. Anyone familiar enough with all three to comment. He is supposed to be sending a quote.

Don’t skimp and get the Appareo, You’ll later wish you bought the 375. The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten. An extra couple thousand isn’t going to change your lifestyle. Do it once, and do it right.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Davidv said:

I like mine a lot and it does everything as advertised.  The install price was $8,500 at the shop I went to in FL.

David. Are you talking about the 375, 175 or Appareo?

Edited by nels

On 6/13/2020 at 7:55 AM, Davidv said:

Dave. $8500 sounds real reasonable for a 375 install. Did you have a autopilot to integrate with and a heading indicator? I’d be interested in your shops contact info if you would share it. PM me if you would.