FS: NEW Whelen Orion 650 Wingtip LED Lights for Mooney 20C/E/F

The Whelen Aerospace Technologies (WAT) Orion 650 Model is an all-in-one LED forward facing position light with a 180 degree LED strobe light. This will replace your legacy Whelen A650 position and strobe light. As your strobe power pack wears out converting to LED is a great time since replacing a wingtip power pack can cost between $600-$800. These are direct replacement lights, can use your existing wiring, and you'll remove your worn out strobe power packs for up to 10,000 hours of hassle free LED reliability. You'll gain more useful load from less weight, a more modern look with the LED lights, and be the envy of the airport! You will need an OR6501G for the right wing, OR6501R for your left wing, and an OR5001V for your tail light. 

Orders over $500 ship free and there is no sales tax outside of Ohio. They come with a 5 year warranty and you can order from my website at http://www.gallagheraviationllc.com/whelen-aircraft-lighting.html

Email me with any questions at gallagheraviationllc@gmail.com

973221ffaa6679cc98ad5b0906c72bef.jpg

Orion650.jpg

Orion6502.jpeg

These are great.  I have had a set on my 65 E for a year now and love them.  They fit really nice on those flat wing tips, too.  Highly recommend running a wire between the two units so the strobes fire in synch with each other.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What fits my 201-style enclosed wingtips? Mine still work, just curious. The white lights aimed aft will do nothing, unless I put some nice gold leaf under the acrylic. Belly and landing lights are already LED.

20200613_114007.thumb.jpg.c202d59176ea7f053e5a59f5acd71829.jpg

What fits my 201-style enclosed wingtips? Mine still work, just curious. The white lights aimed aft will do nothing, unless I put some nice gold leaf under the acrylic. Belly and landing lights are already LED.

20200613_114007.thumb.jpg.c202d59176ea7f053e5a59f5acd71829.jpg

If you want to keep the existing fixture and just go to an LED nav, a Whelen Chroma bulb will do ($125 a side). It is FAA PMA/TSO/STC approved. If you want a strobe, the Orion 650E is your ticket ($479.99 a side).c2b7793c3bcab349e26f36ccf10582c1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning! If you are looking to upgrade your legacy lighting to LED, I have more of these lights on the way to meet your needs!

gallagheraviationllc@gmail.com <--- Email me

1-833-425-5288 <-- Call me 

www.gallagheraviationllc.com <--- My website 

• 4 weeks later...

The Orion 650s are 10% off through July 26th and I have a healthy inventory on them! They are discounted to $414 a side.

gallagheraviationllc@gmail.com <--- Email me

1-833-425-5288 <--- Call me

www.gallagheraviationllc.com <--- My website

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Orion 650 is an excellent upgrade if you have a flat wing Mooney and you are replacing a legacy Whelen A650 navigation light and strobe light (Pictured below). If your power pack fails or you are running a UAvionix ADSB device on the left wing, it is a great time to do the Orion 650 upgrade! 

A650.thumb.JPG.4cedde367ced28d419bc535c4b01f126.JPG

gallagheraviationllc@gmail.com <--- Email us

1-833-425-5288 <--- Call us here!

www.gallagheraviationllc.com <--- Check out website here! 

• 1 month later...

I have an excellent inventory of 14V and 28V red and green Orion 650 wingtip lights for Mooney aircraft that have a flat wingtip or are replacing legacy A650 wingtip lights. If you had a power pack burn out or a component go dead, it is a great time to upgrade to LED.

https://www.gallagheraviationllc.com/whelen-aircraft-lighting.html <--- Check out website here! 

• 3 months later...

I have many of these Orion 650 wingtip LED position and strobe lights in stock and ready to ship. They can come in 14V and 28V.

Models OR6501G and OR6501R <--- 14V lights

Models OR6502G and OR6502R <---  28V lights

https://www.gallagheraviationllc.com/whelen-aircraft-lighting.html <--- Check out website here! 

On 6/13/2020 at 9:50 PM, OSUAV8TER said:

If you want to keep the existing fixture and just go to an LED nav, a Whelen Chroma bulb will do ($125 a side). It is FAA PMA/TSO/STC approved. If you want a strobe, the Orion 650E is your ticket ($479.99 a side).c2b7793c3bcab349e26f36ccf10582c1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@OSUAV8TER

like Hank, if I don’t have strobes, can these just be installed without re-wring?

-Don

2 minutes ago, hammdo said:

@OSUAV8TER

like Hank, if I don’t have strobes, can these just be installed without re-wring?

-Don

Don,

The Chroma bulbs are FAA TSO approved as a night position light source. They install without having to touch your wiring. You keep your colored lenses. It is a very simple installation.

James

28 minutes ago, hammdo said:

If I want to add with strobes (the led/strobe pictured) is there additional wiring needed?

thanks!

-Don

Yes you will need to have a 4 conduit wire, a circuit breaker, and a switch for the strobe lights.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an excellent inventory of these 14V and 28V Orion 650s available for immediate shipment.

Email me at gallagheraviationllc@gmail.com for a quote

Call me at 1-833-425-5288 

Visit my website at https://www.gallagheraviationllc.com/whelen-aircraft-lighting.html

• 2 weeks later...

f53a9e04a7d9c6b9b3d864ae924840b4.jpg
Just got a set of these (Orion 500 & 650E). Install was simple, only new wire was sync. Took all of 30 min to run that wire. This is a still shot of the strobes at max intensity. There are no other lights on in the hangar, dark night. These are really bright. Old strobe boxes were about 4 pounds combined.

Order from Gallagher [mention]OSUAV8TER [/mention] He actually caught a mistake I made on my order and fixed/shipped the same day.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

If you have a flat wingtip type Mooney then the Orion 650 is the direct replacement for your Whelen legacy A650 light. Your strobe power packs get removed as part of the installation and for your tail light you can do an Orion 500 with an LED position and strobe light or opt for a straight LED position light.

gallagheraviationllc@gmail.com <--- Email me your questions

1-833-425-5288 <---- Call me with your questions

https://www.gallagheraviationllc.com/whelen-aircraft-lighting.html <--- My website 

Mooney_Lighting_1.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...