M20E Parts interchangeability?

Every time I have wanted that kind of answer, I looked in the parts manual.  Sometimes it is still difficult to figure out.  It is sometimes helpful also in figuring out how some things are put together.  I think your answer is yes.  But I would still check the manual.

See if you can at least get the part numbers from the prospective units...

There will be a way to check if the individual parts are applicable to your plane....

Some things like twisted wings were around for a short time to add an additional challenge...

Best regards,

-a-

Even if the Bible (Parts Manual) says they are the same, be a little cautious.  Mooneys are famously hand-built, and a part from one airplane may not exactly match another, even when they're the same make/model/year/one-serial-number-apart.  There are many stories here about less-than-perfect fit of replacement parts for things like baggage doors, windows, etc.  I don't know if control surfaces have the same issue, or if those parts are built to much tighter tolerances.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deanders said:

Yes I do. I bought a left hand Aileron for my 66 M20E S/N 883 and it is for a later model. I don't have a part number for this one. If your interested let me know and maybe we can figure it out.

IMG_0128.JPG

IMG_0125.JPG

IMG_0124.JPG

IMG_0122.JPG

That's oddly my exact paint scheme. '64E