Ordering JPI engine monitor 830

I’m wanting to upgrade my JPI 700 to a 830. I’ve seen there is a upgrade price on Aircraft Spruce for $1,200 + probes + core charge.

Do you guys have a preference on supplier... Aircraft Spruce, or other supplier?  I wonder if there are places to avoid or recommend and why.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, Yourpilotincommand said:

I’m wanting to upgrade my JPI 700 to a 830. I’ve seen there is a upgrade price on Aircraft Spruce for $1,200 + probes + core charge.

Do you guys have a preference on supplier... Aircraft Spruce, or other supplier?  I wonder if there are places to avoid or recommend and why.  Thanks.

No matter where you order it, it gets shipped from JPI.  unless the supplier has a good discount over JPI, you're just adding a step and time.

Get it from MSer @Jeev - great support and he reached out to JPI on my behalf, when I couldn't contact them (during the closure). The cost will be about the same wherever you get it, so you might as well get if from someone who supports the site and the customer.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, FloridaMan said:

I bought my 900 from Spruce. In hindsight I should have used @Jeev for it, but I wanted to keep my dealer pricing current. 

Ouch :(:D.  Well I'm still around If you need anything else!  Enjoy that Rocket, I have always wanted to fly one...

32 minutes ago, Jeev said:

Ouch :(:D.  Well I'm still around If you need anything else!  Enjoy that Rocket, I have always wanted to fly one...

It ended up costing me more in the long run as they never got back to me on returning the pressurized mag hall effect sensor so I spent an extra couple hundred dollars (Rockets don't have pressurized mags). To add insult to injury, being that I develop this sort of tech, but not for aircraft, I'm pretty sure the part in that $200 sensor costs about 40 cents plus a Molex or Amp connector, three wires and a circular connector. 

• Sad 2

14 hours ago, FloridaMan said:

I'm pretty sure the part in that $200 sensor costs about 40 cents plus a Molex or Amp connector, three wires and a circular connector. 

Sounds about right for certified aviation markup... ;)

• Like 2