G5 AI & GI 275 HSI

2 minutes ago, Caldwelldr said:

My M20J had an early G5 AI installed before the G5 HSI was approved for AP coupling. Can I install a GI 275 HSI w/o replacing the G5 AI.

Unless you have a king or century autopilot, it doesnt really make sense to install a gi275. The g5 hsi is way cheaper than the gi275, but if you want it can be done.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Niko182 said:

Unless you have a king or century autopilot, it doesnt really make sense to install a gi275. The g5 hsi is way cheaper than the gi275, but if you want it can be done.

I have an STEC 30 & want to install a Garmin 175 GPS. The GI 275 will couple to my King KX155.

23 hours ago, Caldwelldr said:

I have an STEC 30 & want to install a Garmin 175 GPS. The GI 275 will couple to my King KX155.

Are you sure? The KX155 is a navcomm and doesn't talk with the G5 or GI 275. Edit: ah, you're right. I forgot about that.

A G5 will drive a STEC 30 if you install a GAD29b, though you'll also need a GPS navigator.

Edited by louisut