Hello Seattle Area (PAE) Pilots

Sounder

Hey Everyone,

Looking for any M20C-J owners in the northern Seattle area (PAE, AWO, S43). I'm an airline guy (and also a CFI, CFII, MEI) that hasn't flown since April because of Corona Virus and I'm dying to get out and fly. I like to stay involved in GA and rent a Cessna a few times a year and fly for fun around Western Washington. Looking at eventually buying an airplane when the kid gets older and a Mooney is near the top of the list! I'd love to be able to see one in person, go on a flight, or just talk shop.

Thanks!

• Like 1

I know there is at least one Mooney owner on here that is from that area.  I'm down at Auburn.  If you can't find anybody closer, let me know.  Under the current conditions I can't offer you a ride, but we could meet someplace to let you look at the plane and talk.

Bob

• Like 1

I am PAE based with a M20J, East Condo Hangars.  I can match Bob's offer of a 201 tour, but no ride opportunities right now.  

PM me for my email and number.  The Mooneyspace topics are Google searchable.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bolter said:

I am PAE based with a M20J, East Condo Hangars.  I can match Bob's offer of a 201 tour, but no ride opportunities right now.  

PM me for my email and number.  The Mooneyspace topics are Google searchable.  

Thanks Bolter, I'll shoot you a PM!

Welcome aboard @Sounder!  I am waiting for my M20K 252 to come up from Az but I have been renting the M20J @ Galvin (KBFI) for the past few years. Bit on the pricey side but if you want time in a Mooney now - it's one way to do it. Would love to meet up, perhaps we can all join in for a socially-distant fly-in :huh::D There's also @Henry Hochberg who has a Bravo at KPAE.

23 hours ago, shawnd said:

Welcome aboard @Sounder!  I am waiting for my M20K 252 to come up from Az but I have been renting the M20J @ Galvin (KBFI) for the past few years. Bit on the pricey side but if you want time in a Mooney now - it's one way to do it. Would love to meet up, perhaps we can all join in for a socially-distant fly-in :huh::D There's also @Henry Hochberg who has a Bravo at KPAE.

Thanks shawnd! I saw Galvin had a M20J, and was mulling over getting checked out there. How do you like it? 

5 hours ago, Igor_U said:

I'm based at KPAE as well (Central ramp). I wouldn't mid giving you a ride once this distancing business goes away. 

Yeah, socially distant fly in might be good idea as well.

Sounds good. A fly in would be great, but if not there's always the Buzz Inn at Harvey Field. 

13 hours ago, Sounder said:

Thanks shawnd! I saw Galvin had a M20J, and was mulling over getting checked out there. How do you like it?

Requires a good pre-flight given its a rental Mooney, but I have always had a blast flying it. Galvin's maintenance folks jump on it promptly for squawks and its back out flying soon after. In my opinion, you treat her like its your own bird, and it will return the favor 10,000 times over. Lean it on ground and above 3k, watch the engine temps, avoid shock cooling, etc. etc. I built up my Mooney time in that plane so it has a special place in my heart :)

IMG_0627.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...