I found this under my carburetor

2 hours ago, Jim Peace said:

What SB is that....can you give the whole number.....

I had a throttle cable come detached once on a plane just after I landed...had to meter the mixture to make it manageable to make it back to the hangar....would not want that in the air.

I dont know the number right off, Jim, but I am sure Daytona aircraft service there in Spruce creek will know right away. It can be hunted down also at www.mooney.com/service

On 6/4/2020 at 11:02 AM, Mooneymite said:

Retro kit Pn. 660051-005 also available at LASAR.  Last time I checked it was about $60.  Call Dan.

The "kit" is pretty basic, you can probably find the necessary parts from Spruce cheaper.  I'm not sure what paper-work is required; maybe the professional mechanics can chime in on this?  @M20Doc

Throttle linkage kit.jpg

On 6/4/2020 at 3:09 PM, Jim Peace said:

What SB is that....can you give the whole number.....

I had a throttle cable come detached once on a plane just after I landed...had to meter the mixture to make it manageable to make it back to the hangar....would not want that in the air.

This modification for the various M20 models listed is a "minor modification" drawing by Aerostar Aircraft Corporation EO 660051-B dated 12-27-73.  It is definitely not an AD, but I don't think it is either a SB, or even a SI.  This drawing was forwarded to me by Mooney's technical people.  They suggest:

Installed per Mooney type design EO 660051-B.

Good luck!

Edited by Mooneymite

Just now, N201MKTurbo said:

Oh, come on now... They aren't as bad as they used to be... (Former Goldwing owner. never owned a Harley)

Probably true, all I know is that this 'Wing seems to be pretty bulletproof :D

2 hours ago, Stephen said:

Probably true, all I know is that this 'Wing seems to be pretty bulletproof :D

The only thing mine ever did that was Harley like, was it started making this ticking sound. I finally pulled a head and found a screw embedded in the piston. It was knocking on the head. It was from the throttle plate in the carb.

• Like 2