Which vacuum?

aviatoreb

My primary vacuum pump is due to replace based on time in service.  I know I know - I should dump the whole vacuum system by getting some entirely new panel - but I am still seemingly in indecisive mode on that.  So I'm buying a vacuum pump for now.

It is a p/n aa3216cw.

I don't know much about pumps - the ins and outs of which are the good ones, the bad ones, the ones to avoid.  The boutique best ones, etc.  What should I get - speaking of a drop in replacement only.

Thanks!

E

It’s curious to me when people get rid of the simple vacuum system. I have two independent AHRS units with independent batteries in my cockpit but don’t dislike having the vacuum attitude too.  I even have a voice monitor for it “check... gyro vacuum”. 

I used tempest pumps. I’ve had bad luck with the rebuilt pumps. 

-Robert 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Ragsf15e said:

Drop in part number GI275 :P.

...exactly - I was hoping to spend $300 or $400 bucks while I decide what I want to do rather than drop $20k on a dual GI275 installed and still thinking about what I will do with the autopilot.

This is a $25-45k decision I will make eventually. But right now - I will punt - I will maintain the equipment I have.

So back to the question - vacuum pumps.

49 minutes ago, RobertGary1 said:

It’s curious to me when people get rid of the simple vacuum system. I have two independent AHRS units with independent batteries in my cockpit but don’t dislike having the vacuum attitude too.  I even have a voice monitor for it “check... gyro vacuum”. 

I used tempest pumps. I’ve had bad luck with the rebuilt pumps. 

-Robert 

Thanks!  As in this one?: https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/inpages/tornado3000_1_10-00610.php