prop shop problems

A friend in the Dominican Republic ask me to bring his Mooney prop back for reseal and specified the shop to use.  I disassembled it to allow shipping. (had a prop shop at one time. You are not permitted to assemble it but disassembly is a horse of a different color. i delivered it to the shop which looked it over an gave me a figure.  weeks later they said needed a hub which i delivered to them.  When i stopped to pick it up they gave it to me in pieces saying the blades were bad. The radius where the bearing races ride looked like they had been bead blasted but they said they needed rolled and they could not do that.  I am familiar with rolling the blade radius but these looked different.  I sent a photo to Hartzell and they suggested having a shop that was capable of blade rolling and let them try to correct what looked like bead blasting.  I sent them to a complete shop and was told they could not be salvaged because  someone had heavily bead blasted them.  They said it had happened after the prop was disassembled because if the bearing race had rested on that area and run for hundreds of hours it would have compressed the high spots on the blasted area.  I sold the mooney to the current owner and the prop had been overhauled by a reputable shop a few years prior.     I bought them another prop.  Should I go back to that prop shop and ask for relief?????