Garmin G5 Certified $1800 firm - SOLD

Removed from Bonanza V35. Features a bright, 3.5-inch sunlight-readable liquid crystal display (LCD), the G5 is approved as a primary source for aircraft attitude or turn coordination information and secondary source for altitude, airspeed and vertical speed in a single instrument. Installation is simple and easy as the G5 integrates with the aircraft’s existing pitot/static system to display attitude, airspeed, altitude, vertical speed, slip/skid, turn rate, configurable V-speed references, barometric setting and selected altitude as well as visual alerts upon arriving at the pre-selected altitude. GPS-based track and groundspeed information is also displayed. A dedicated rotary knob also allows for easy adjustments to barometric pressure setting as well as altitude and ground track bugs.Back up battery included.

G5-1.jpg

G5-2.jpg

G5-3.jpg

2 hours ago, Tahir K said:

What's the difference on the B model?

I tried for 5 minutes to get rid of that stupid emoticon! And the damn thing is back. 

Anyway, the GAD29 will not drive the heading bug on your autopilot. It will do everything else. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, robert7467 said:

I know it will not work for VOR/Loc on a KX 155, but I think the KX165 has the digital outputs. Do you think it will work with a 165?

No, it will not take analog signals, it needs both RS232 map messages and AIRINC navigation data. You will need a 430 or better.

On 6/2/2020 at 7:20 PM, OR75 said:

I am curious if you can get the STC authorization from Garmin when you buy a used unit 
Garmin gave it for the initial installation 

Before buying this check with Garmin on how much the STC will cost you. I thought it was around $600 but that was a couple years ago that I saw that on Beechtalk.

• Like 1

• RFriesen changed the title to Garmin G5 Certified $1800 firm - SOLD