Aeroshell 5 shortage

I don't know but the only thing I ever used it for was wheel bearings. Mooney and Cleveland now recommend SHC 100. You might try that but if you switch you need to clean out all the old grease.

I've standardized on the following greases (per the service manual):

Wheel bearings: Mobil SHC 100

Trim system Aeroshell 7

Control guide blocks Aeroshell 7

Landing gear zerks Aeroshell 22

Landing gear and flap actuator ball screws Lubriplate 630-AA

Skip

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PT20J said:

I don't know but the only thing I ever used it for was wheel bearings. Mooney and Cleveland now recommend SHC 100. You might try that but if you switch you need to clean out all the old grease.

I've standardized on the following greases (per the service manual):

Wheel bearings: Mobil SHC 100

Trim system Aeroshell 7

Control guide blocks Aeroshell 7

Landing gear zerks Aeroshell 22

Landing gear and flap actuator ball screws Lubriplate 630-AA

Skip

Don't know about other models but my maintenance manual for M20R allows for either  A/S 22 or Mobil SHC 100 on the landing gear. jerks. The choice to keep it simple is Mobil for everything on the gear now that Mobil is approved for the wheels.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, RobertGary1 said:

Anyone know what’s up with the shortage? Spruce tells me about a month wait. I ordered some from chief last week and they haven’t even come up with a ship date. 

-Robert 

I saw the shortage at Spruce, but my neighborhood Falconcrest had some on the shelf. I grabbed a tube there about two weeks ago. 

On 5/31/2020 at 9:58 PM, PT20J said:

Great,

Now that Aircraft Spruce is charging WA sales tax, I rather fly to KPLU and pick up stuff myself at Spencer. I bet they need business these days with COVID19 and this economy.