MisfitSELF

LASAR Wheel Well Liners -- Requesting Installation Advice

For the folks who've installed the liners.  I just got mine and was looking for advice on techniques to fit and trim them in addition to what you did in regards to painting them.

Thanks.

Bruce

*Members that donate $10 or more do not see advertisements*

Mine came installed by previous owners but I removed them for annual with no issues. Not sure if trim is needed for first installation.

When I repainted the plane, shop removed them and repaint it from both sides in white.

Started fitting mine the last day or two. Just a little filing so far to make sure they don’t touch the bottom of the wing or structure. Initial fitting seems to indicate the left liner may be a little short. Will deal with that if it turns out that way when I start to put fasteners in. 
David

E5FDF603-5E00-4FB5-AE0D-BF6832CD4584.jpeg

633A88E2-EDD4-42F8-82BA-A22C6C8FCA07.jpeg

What do they do?

“Reduces the turbulent air flow in the main wheel well, and provides a barrier for mud, debris & mice.”

Supposedly adds 1 MPH. I wouldn’t mind having these to prevent runway slush and mud from being blown into the wheel well.

Would love to see more pictures of the install and the final result. I have been kicking around the idea of this mod for the last couple years.

. Initial fitting seems to indicate the left liner may be a little short. Will deal with that if it turns out that way when I start to put fasteners in. 

Funny, I installed these 40 years ago in a C and seems to remember the left liner being about an inch short.  Okay maybe it was only 38 years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, bradp said:

They remove easily for inspection ? 

Yes. 

Then I probably need them too... Grass field and all that... +2 for the frequent progress reports.

• Like 1