LASAR Wheel Well Liners -- Requesting Installation Advice

MisfitSELF

Mine came installed by previous owners but I removed them for annual with no issues. Not sure if trim is needed for first installation.

When I repainted the plane, shop removed them and repaint it from both sides in white.

• 2 weeks later...

Started fitting mine the last day or two. Just a little filing so far to make sure they don’t touch the bottom of the wing or structure. Initial fitting seems to indicate the left liner may be a little short. Will deal with that if it turns out that way when I start to put fasteners in. 
David

E5FDF603-5E00-4FB5-AE0D-BF6832CD4584.jpeg

633A88E2-EDD4-42F8-82BA-A22C6C8FCA07.jpeg

What do they do?

“Reduces the turbulent air flow in the main wheel well, and provides a barrier for mud, debris & mice.”

Supposedly adds 1 MPH. I wouldn’t mind having these to prevent runway slush and mud from being blown into the wheel well.

. Initial fitting seems to indicate the left liner may be a little short. Will deal with that if it turns out that way when I start to put fasteners in. 

Funny, I installed these 40 years ago in a C and seems to remember the left liner being about an inch short.  Okay maybe it was only 38 years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...