Short body becomes a longer body trick

NJMac

Wife and I took our 11 week old first child on his first flight today. Filed for 5000, ended up cloud surfing the tops at 7000.

Saw someone before me suggest taking out the right seat so my wife sitting back seat with our son would have plenty of leg room. Worked like a charm. Kid loved the flight. Can't wait to do lots more flying as the 3 of us.

Wife wants another child sooner than later. Need Jimmy to find me a FIKI long body once or before the next one is here. But for now she was thrilled with how much leg room she had. 53e95093477dba8cdbb4d72f3ba895bb.jpgb2704fefa8e9a98c5fc66e7dba2e0350.jpgdd221e80e799042e0841e1f86d262aee.jpgfbf88b29adb34e5cb26b8ff3207295b3.jpg67d829244c0fb65dc80b488164e898cc.jpg48e8b20a545f97f58150581ed8a431ff.jpga831ccdd5736169aae13a68a72c067fe.jpg3f78b55a5d82a304dd492d3f7ce2a440.jpg29e1470f5056069aad15a72b0f16096c.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3

You can one day tell your child that mom and dad took you for your first flight on the same day that Elon Musk and a SpaceX flew their first crew on 5/30/2020
That was pretty awesome to see the launch. Even cooler to see the phase 1 land itself

Poor little guy doesn’t have QT Halos yet.....  just kidding.  Congratulations!  Perhaps a cabin class TP is in your future.  You know, for the inevitable potty break.
This Mooney is ours. Accountants said I could have a business plane (probably a long body) once I open our 3rd office, coming this year. I'm hoping a turbo prop can be purchased by the business when we get to 5 offices.

• Like 2

Nice!

I think you’ll find the kids need to stay in back until they’re roughly 4 or 5.  We have twins and I found carseats small enough to fit next to each other in the back of my F.  I didn’t use them for safety reasons, but just to keep them sitting upright until they were 1 or so and they could sit by themselves.  I faced them forward so wifey could reach/attend to the kids.  It’s tough for wifey to reach back between the seats to help kids, but possible.  If she’s a puker, that’s a problem.  So your airplane may work for a while.  Once they can sit without the carseat, the short body will be fine.

Our current MO is wife and one 4 year old in back, other kid copilot.  They are happy to look outside and snack for an hour and then it’s ipad movie time.

Trips become tough because you’ll need a carseat(s) at destination, but getting one in /out of the Back seat or luggage is a challenge.  Once seats are in the backseat, you’d like to leave them.  The same carseats i found that fit in the backseat could be Jenga into the luggage.  There was even a little room left for overnight bags.  None of it is/was easy, but it kept us using the airplane!

• Like 1

Way to go NJ!

Congrats to you and yours...

Family planning Mooniac style...

Put enough time between children...

So that one is grown into Booster seat style...

So there is room for the standard car seat... and a booster seat in the back...

Takes about 2.5 years or so...

Take lots o pics...

Nobody can remember all the fun.... the memories will be there, pics help you access the memories as you age...   :)

Things to look forward to...

1) their teenage years... even the long body isn’t long enough... but...

2) with mild vibration... everyone is asleep prior to T/O...

3) If the vibration doesn’t work, the altitudes above 5k’ will...

4) Always have fresh clothes... descents into the bumps are hard to avoid....

5) Ziplocs are really helpful, in multiple ways....   :)

We got our M20C just in time for my second child to be born.... 

Great times ahead...

Stay healthy.

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

N . J.  Congratulations on the beautiful pictures of a Mooney family. Sure makes a 6 hour car trip a thing of the past..and seldom hear the “are we there yet.‘’

saw your comment on removing R F seat . Possibly you may have read my post ( M20J Flyer). years ago I posted of how often I fly with R F out and 26 pounds lighter>

I normally strap a cooler ..trip equivalent munchies and drinks, passenger equivalent supplies for little folks..when that seat is gone. When configured the cooler can be kicked forward if egress were An emergency... The cooler provides super convenient content, temp correct for winter or summer trips.

Used to frequent piqua with props but currently J is swinging a Hartzell. If ever near Houston one or all mi casa u casa ..or you have a friendly tour guide.

• Like 2

On 6/1/2020 at 11:51 PM, M20JFlyer said:

I normally strap a cooler ..trip equivalent munchies and drinks, passenger equivalent supplies for little folks..when that seat is gone. When configured the cooler can be kicked forward if egress were An emergency... The cooler provides super convenient content, temp correct for winter or summer trips.

Used to frequent piqua with props but currently J is swinging a Hartzell. If ever near Houston one or all mi casa u casa ..or you have a friendly tour guide.

The cooler idea is a great one.  I'll be sure to bring it to my better half.  She will love it Im sure.  Small world!  Thanks for the offer! 

Just now, Sixstring2k said:

Congratulations, my little princess is going to be one soon, looking forward to taking her up probably in a few months.

Thanks!  Never too soon to take them flying.  Our OBGYN had an M20E at one time and he was constantly chatting with us during the checkins.  We even did a message thru my chart after birth asking if we could take our son flying.  Hope your daughter enjoys her first flight!