Mooney Books

The Al Mooney Story by Gordon Baxter.  It used to be available from MAPA.

Those Remarkable Mooneys  by Larry Ball.  No longer in print, but generally available off eBay (for a price).

A video called "Boots on the Ground" made about 10-15 years ago about the Mooney factory.  There is a lady here @mooneygirl who used to have a handle on them.

• Like 1

“+1 for the ‘Boots’ video.  It captures some real people that were building Mooneys in the 60s... and the factory as it was coming back on line... (again)”

And the video features the Mooney guru of all time, the late Bill Wheat.  Bill does provide some very interesting technical, as well as human insight into Mooney history.

7 minutes ago, Fernando Paez said:

Thank you all for your response. 

I have filed the survey for the book Those Remarkable Mooneys... 

Hopefully they will print it again... 

Really no reason to wait to see if they print again.  I bought my copy, signed by the author, on Amazon about a year ago; like new condition.  Paid under $100

1 hour ago, wingtipwalker said:

Where would one find this “boots” video? I’ve checked amazon and YouTube to no avail. 

There is apparently one Blockbuster left on earth, but I’m not too optimistic they will have it.  :D

Boots on the Ground: the Men & Women who made Mooney was an all-volunteer project of the Mooney Ambassadors.  If anyone would like to purchase a copy just send an email to MooneyAmbassadors@charter.net .$50 includes US shipping, we just shipped to Germany [we just charge actual shipping to Europe].  Quantities are limited and includes a commemorative T-shirt.  Thanks for your support.  I can say, it is a fun Mooney copyright to own!  www.MooneyAmbassadors.com

1533486665_MooneyDVDdisplay-PROOF.thumb.jpg.c1169872844a18800f060e09eba31936.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I highly recommend the Al Mooney story - I paid more than I care to admit for a copy back in 2001. The Ball book is also excellent. When it was released there was an opportunity to get a signed copy. There are three available right now for under $50 through ABE Books.

https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?sts=t&cm_sp=SearchF-_-home-_-Results&kn=&an=&tn=Those+remarkable+mooneys&isbn=

There are also several copies of the Al Mooney story available in the $100 range.

https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?sts=t&cm_sp=SearchF-_-home-_-Results&kn=&an=&tn=The+al+Mooney+story&isbn=

I paid more than that for mine, and I plan to keep it.

I've got the Larry Ball book, which I got off Amazon's used book option for about $40. I see there are still options there for just a bit over $40.  I don't yet have the Al Mooney Story, though.  On a side note, technology is getting to me...because I tried clicking on the book titles in @Andy95W's post thinking they were links.  Haha!

Screen Shot 2020-05-31 at 1.13.00 PM.png

• Haha 2