WTB - MidContinent TA202 Type A dual USB charger

16 hours ago, gsxrpilot said:

Even cheaper and working perfectly in my Mooney for three years so far. I like this one in that in doesn't protrude from the panel like most do.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M6QODH2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

484555166_ScreenShot2020-05-29at3_14_59PM.png.3e7122213c3998db952c7514747aa3a0.png

I bought one of these a while back, I think based on a recommendation from one of your earlier posts.  For some reason, in my plane the cig lighter is really shallow, and this Aukey adapter still sticks out about a quarter-inch.  I've tried every which way to make it sit flush, but it just isn't deep enough.  So it keeps catching my eye on a scan.  I've resorted to leaving it in my flight bag unless it's in use.

If there's a trick to making it flush, I'd love any advice.  Seems hard to imagine that Mooney sourced a bunch of different cig lighter parts, but not *that* hard to imagine :)

16 minutes ago, toto said:

I bought one of these a while back, I think based on a recommendation from one of your earlier posts.  For some reason, in my plane the cig lighter is really shallow, and this Aukey adapter still sticks out about a quarter-inch.  I've tried every which way to make it sit flush, but it just isn't deep enough.  So it keeps catching my eye on a scan.  I've resorted to leaving it in my flight bag unless it's in use.

If there's a trick to making it flush, I'd love any advice.  Seems hard to imagine that Mooney sourced a bunch of different cig lighter parts, but not *that* hard to imagine :)

I'll have to look at mine. It probably does stick out just a bit. But it's not like the one in my wife's car that sticks out an inch and a half.

Now you've got me thinking. I'll have to look at mine and see how much it sticks out of the panel?

Toto,

Believe it or not...

If you have the original “Liter” socket...

It was made in a time before they were standardized....

Easy to replace with a new standard one.

The old device, you may be successful if you twist the plug just right to make contact... but, it still won’t make it deeper...

replacing the socket probably takes 15 minutes...

the liter plug and Socket were designed to work together... they had no intention to use it as an electrical outlet for electronic digital devices... :)

PP old fuzzy memories....

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1