Transitioning to AdLog

shawnd

I ordered my AdLog system yesterday and now I am wondering how to properly transition to the new system. Since this is my first aircraft, this might be just a generic question about switching to new logbooks. Should the first entry in the AdLog logbooks be a reference to the last entry in the previous logbook? To close the previous logbooks, do we just put a "------ CLOSED ------" mark at the last page? Curious what other folks have done. Pictures would be great :) Thanks.

I transitioned to the AdLog system a few years back. It is helpful at annual with the listings of AD's. For the log books I made a note in the old logs that subsequent entries would be in the AdLog. I can't remember the exact wording but could send a picture later, I think I'm meeting my wife at the hangar for lunch today. I seem to recall that AdLog actually had notes for the wording to put in your old log book, fuzzy memory from a couple years back.

Often a notebook of ADs that have Ben complied with are part of the logs that follow the plane...

Some people have moved into the electronic era... some may have not...

Either way... there is a complete record of all the ADs... what ever way you want to account for them is up to good document practices...

Just don’t lose anything... rebuilding the ADs history will be expensive...

PP thoughts  only not a mechanic...
Best regards,

-a-

Those that use Adlog, have they been helpful with service? My airplane has it but I haven’t received anything new from them in 10 years. I keep the AD’s up separately. I’ve been meaning to call them for some AD updates. 
-Matt

8 hours ago, MB65E said:

Those that use Adlog, have they been helpful with service? My airplane has it but I haven’t received anything new from them in 10 years. I keep the AD’s up separately. I’ve been meaning to call them for some AD updates. 
-Matt

It's a small annual subscription.   If you're not paying it, you won't be getting it.

21 hours ago, shawnd said:

I ordered my AdLog system yesterday and now I am wondering how to properly transition to the new system. Since this is my first aircraft, this might be just a generic question about switching to new logbooks. Should the first entry in the AdLog logbooks be a reference to the last entry in the previous logbook? To close the previous logbooks, do we just put a "------ CLOSED ------" mark at the last page? Curious what other folks have done. Pictures would be great :) Thanks.

The instructions that come with AdLog explains this verbatim.  Great system - switched last year.

• Thanks 1