Safety Pilot - Fresh PPL - Inst Training - Looking for Rides

Coach43

Hello All,

I'm a longtime lurker, finally introducing myself. 

I just completed the worlds longest PPL training.  Started in high school, briefly interrupted by, college/wife/kids/career and now complete 39 years later.

I'm a Colorado native and love to spend my time outdoors.  Now going to 14,000 is MUCH easier! 

I'm interested in gaining experience by watching others.  Anyone flying out of Centennial (KAPA) or going by,  let me know as I'd love to fill the right seat and see how you do it!  Long distance is Ok.

Particularly anyone working on IFR currency/approaches etc.  I've reached out to @Denver98 and @gsxrpilot directly. 

Anyone else in the area?

Jeff

P.S.  I will buy lunch!

• Like 3

Good start on those guys... I’m new to the site as well and so far I’m blown away!  These guys are awesome!  

I just finished my ppl as well last month.  Great feeling isn’t it, so proud of you sticking with it so long!  Good job!

Working on my instrument as well, 15 hours with an instructor and the other 25 can be under the hood with a safety pilot for watching while under the hood.  If you lived in the Houston area I’d surely hit you up!

I have a buddy who lives up in Evergreen, CO, when I buy my first Mooney we’ll have to have a Mooney get together to celebrate in the Denver area!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, philip_g said:

I knew bob a little back when he was partners with another acquaintance on the 414 they had on a 135. he's OK. I didn't know him well or care to.  I disagree with IA's practices sometimes. BJC is a regular shit-show these days. I don't think you'd recognize Denver if you haven't been back in awhile.

I left a bit over 8 years ago and been there a few times since. Once on a business trip. Twice on ski trips where I stayed a few extra days to visit friends. Last time was two years ago. Definitely noticed the changes.

Still the best place I ever lived. Don't have to be there always, but life's too short not to live in Colorado.

• Like 1

Having lived in 12 states and 3 countries... I'm very happy to finally be living in Colorado. I've been trying to figure out how to get here for a long time. 

I now own a Toyota 4Runner and an M20K 252, so we're well equipped for the mountains.

7 hours ago, philip_g said:

I'm getting out after 20 years this fall and happy to be doing so, we've had our fill.

We had a couple of reasons (four that we tell people) for leaving as we neared retirement. One of them was that we started to miss trees and water. The wildfire season became too long. 

Just now, philip_g said:

somewhere along the way I lived in the PAC NW, at one point I thought there were too many trees, I felt claustrophobic at times coming from the rockies with wide open skies (they call it big sky for a reason) now I'd probably take the trees back. You can keep the leaf clean up though

What leaf cleanup? 

• Like 1